Upperlevel Undergraduate On-Campus Housing
Application Dates for 2021 - 2022 Housing
Read the Guide to 2021 - 2022 Housing for Upperlevel Undergraduate Students to see videos from information sessions held in fall 2020, and an overview of the application processes. Read about deadlines for each type of housing in the General Room Selection process. The final step is the March 6, 2021 deadline to sign up for General Room Selection.
West Campus House System
The West Campus House System is an actively engaged community for upperlevel students. Each House is led by a distinguished Cornell professor, who serves as House Professor-Dean and lives in the House with their family. The five Houses – some made up of both new buildings and historic Gothic buildings – each have their own dining room.
Cornell's four upperlevel residence halls are located on South Campus, close to dining, shopping, and social gathering spots. Each community offers residents live-in staff support, opportunities for faculty interaction, cultural and educational programming, and social activities.
- Cascadilla Hall
- 112 Edgemoor
- Schuyler House [Schuyler House is currently being used for quarantine housing; we anticipate it returning to a residence hall facility for fall 2021, unless the COVID-19 prevalence results in the building needing to be used for quarantine housing.]
- Sheldon Court
- Townhouse Community For sophomores, transfer students and first-year students, in academic year 2021 - 2022
McGraw Place Residences
- Details about two buildings available to upperlevel students will be added soon
Program Houses – or themed residence halls – offer students a higher level of community engagement than non-themed halls, shared through a special interest, lifestyle, or culture. These close-knit communities are made up of both upperlevel students and new students.
- Ecology House
- Equity & Engagement Living-Learning Community (EEC)
- Holland International Living Center (HILC)
- Just About Music (JAM)
- Language House
- Latino Living Center (LLC)
- Loving House
- Multicultural Living Learning Unit (McLLU)
- Risley Residential College
- Ujamaa Residential College
For an alternative living experience, some students choose to live in one of the university-owned cooperative houses, collaborative communities governed by their student residents.
- Prospect of Whitby
- 660 Stewart
- Triphammer Cooperative
- Von Cramm Hall
- Wait Avenue Cooperative (302 Wait Avenue)
- Wait Terrace (308 Wait Avenue)
- Wari Cooperative
On-campus housing is GUARANTEED for all sophomores who meet the application deadlines and requirements.