Skip to main content

Report an Incident or Concern

These reporting avenues are for non-emergency incidents or concerns only. For emergencies, including safety concerns, call CU Police (607) 255-1111 or dial 911. For health concerns, call Cornell Health 24/7 at (607) 255-5155.

Are you concerned about a student? Perhaps you are worried about someone’s overall health and wellbeing, or maybe you’ve learned about a bias, sexual misconduct, or hazing incident. Sharing information about issues like these are essential to maintaining our caring community. Below are avenues for reporting these concerns and incidents as well as receiving confidential care and support if you need it.

Refer a Student

Concerned about a student? Want to get them connected to resources and support? If you have a student/friend/peer that you are worried about, refer them to the Student Support & Advocacy Services office using this form, selecting Student of Concern in the Report Type drop-down menu. You can also reach Student Support and Advocacy Services by calling 607-254-8598.

Bias and discrimination reporting

To report bias and discrimination incidents or related concerns, complete this form or send an email to Know that confidential care and support for individuals affected by bias are available through Cornell Health. More information about Cornell’s bias reporting system is also available.

Reporting sexual misconduct, including sexual harassment

Complete this form or send an email to if you need to report gender-based harassment, sexual harassment, sexual assault, domestic and dating violence, stalking, sexual exploitation, or other forms of sexual misconduct. Complete information about reporting options and help with accommodations is available on Cornell's Office of Institutional Equity and Title IX (OIETIX) website. The SHARE website has many resources to help you get support in the event of sexual harassment or assault. Policy 6.4 provides definitions and explains the procedures employed for investigating and adjudicating allegations of sexual misconduct.

Reporting hazing

While being part of a campus group can be one of the most meaningful aspects of student life, hazing is often a hidden, but serious problem that undermines the value of these experiences and poses risk of physical and mental harm for many individuals. Confidential channels for reporting hazing are available on Cornell’s hazing prevention website.

Ask for help if you need it

Cornell's Mental Health website will help you locate offices, services, and organizations in every corner of this campus to offer you assistance, support, connection, intervention, reporting, and advocacy.

For 24/7 confidential consultation with a health care provider or counselor, students may call Cornell Health at (607) 255-5155; faculty and staff may call the Faculty and Staff Assistance Program at (607) 255-2673.

Student Support & Advocacy Services is committed to helping and empowering students, providing support and resources no matter what you’re going through. See ways to get help when you need it through support and services available to you from the office here.

You can always start with the Dean of Students at or (607) 255-1115 if you're unsure where to go.