Undergraduate residence halls close for the spring semester at 2pm on Sunday, May 21, 2023.
Arrange pickup for departure
- Make plans to meet family, guardians, and friends outside of the building. If your family, guardians or friends are planning to come into the building, please advise them to park in A Lot until you are ready to leave campus.
- Students are responsible for bringing personal belongings from their room to the vehicle picking them up.
- Avoid parking tickets by ensuring drivers are following all signage and not blocking fire lanes, ADA parking spaces, or parking on designated walkways.
Bins: Will be available in residence halls to assist with your move.
Shipping/Storage: Vendor information for you to contract on your own is available on here.
Dump and Run: Please look for donation/drop sites within the residence halls and RPPC and other circulation areas to donate items you do not wish to take with you.
Closing Checklist for Residents
- Pack ALL belongings/items
- Reminder: Access to your residence hall room will not be permitted after your arranged departure timeslot.
- Dispose of ALL food items in your mini-fridge or your community refrigerator.
- If you rented a refrigerator or MicroFridge from CSI, leave the appliance in your room to be picked up after closing. All rental appliances must be thoroughly cleaned, and should be defrosted two days before your departure, with the door to the refrigerator and freezer left open. You will be charged if rental equipment is not left in its original condition. If you have changed rooms since the fall, or have any questions, call CSI at 1-800-525-7307.
- Close and lock all windows/close blinds.
- Set heat on the minimum heat setting.
- Remove all trash from the room.
- Return all silverware to the Dining Rooms. Do not throw them away!
- Return your reusable container to your Dining Room. Pick up a sanitized container at the beginning of the next academic year!
- Turn off lights.
- Lock your door.
- Key Return
- Service Centers and House Offices will have key envelopes for you to utilize to return your keys. Please place keys into the envelopes and return them to your Service Center/House Office or metal key boxes found in your residence halls upon your move-out by 2pm on May 21.
- If you need to return keys by mail because you took them off campus with you, please mail your key(s) back via FedEx or UPS to ATTN: Service Center Keys, 107 Robert Purcell, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853 to have us receive them by May 30, 2022.
- To Forward Address: Log in to the Housing Portal with your NetID and Password at https://cornell.starrezhousing.com/StarRezPortalX/InitiateLogin/StarNet.Core.AuthProviders.Shibboleth
Select Forwarding Address Form and click Continues
Update your address and select Save & Continue
If you are planning not to return to campus for the fall semester, please log in to the Housing Portal to request a cancellation of your 2023-2024 Academic Year housing by July 1, 2023.
Loading/Access Areas for North Campus: It is important that you adhere to these loading locations, and do not drive on any pedestrian walkways. Please park in A Lot while you prepare your room for departure.
- Mews Hall loading dock
- Helen Newman parking lot
- Dickson Hall loading dock
- Donlon Hall loading dock
- Robert Purcell Community Center parking lot off of Jessup Road: specific parking spaces designated as loading zones OR Parkmobile
- Appel Community Center parking lot: specific parking spaces designated as loading zones or Parkmobile
- Program House Drive: specific parking spaces designated as loading zones
- North Side of Jessup Road loading spaces
- Risley parking lot loading spaces
- Latino Living Center parking lot loading spaces
- Ecology House parking lot loading spaces
- Akwe:kon parking lot loading spaces (accessible off of Triphammer Road)
Loading/Access Areas for South Campus: It is important that you adhere to these loading locations, and do not drive on any pedestrian walkways. Please park in Williams Street Parking Lot while you prepare your room for departure.
- Residents of Cascadilla HallPlease note that there is no parking between the Gorge and Cascadilla Hall. You must not park in fire lanes. The best locations for you to park and load are the City of Ithaca Garage just to the south of Cascadilla Hall and the Williams Street Parking Lot at the corner of Williams Street and Stewart Avenue.
- Residents of Sheldon CourtLimited parking spots are available in the Sheldon Court loading dock. The best locations for you to park and load are the City of Ithaca Garage just to the south of Cascadilla Hall and the Williams Street Parking Lot at the corner of Williams Street and Stewart Avenue.
- Residents of Schuyler HousePlease park and load in designated building parking lot.
- Residents of 112 EdgemoorPlease park and load in designated building parking lot.
Loading/Access Areas for EEC/Veteran’s House/McGraw Place Residences: It is important that you adhere to these loading locations, and do not drive on any pedestrian walkways.
- Residents of Equity and Engagement Living Learning CommunityPlease park and load in designated parking spaces only on West Ave and Forest Park Ave.
- Residents of 109/118/122 McGrawPlease park and load in designated building parking lot.
- Residents of Veteran HousePlease park and load in designated building parking lot.
Loading/Access Areas for West Campus House System: It is important that you adhere to these loading locations, and do not drive on any pedestrian walkways. Please park in University Avenue Parking Lot while you prepare your room for departure.
Gothics Way and Becker Drive above the Loading Dock will be closed.
- Along West Avenue:
- Across from Baker Tower: parking spaces designated as loading zones
- Across from Founders & Lyon: the pull-off loading zone on the Slope side
- Along Stewart Avenue:
- The parking spaces along Stewart Avenue (ParkMobile)
- Near Bethe & Keeton:
- Mary Ann Wood Drive (just behind William Keeton House): parking spaces designated as loading zones
- West Ave: parking spaces designated as loading zones
- Near Cook House
- The loading spaces along McGraw Place
Personal Security and Theft
The need for residential security increases when there are fewer residents present (from now through closing). Protect yourself and your personal belongings. Wallets and bags, packages, and electronics are all more vulnerable at this time. Keep your doors locked at all times. As always, do not allow nonresidents access to the building unless a resident accompanies them. Any unusual observations should be reported to Campus Life or Cornell Police at (607) 255-1111. If it is an emergency, please dial 911.