Skip to main content

Cornell University

Veterans House

Housing Location

625 University Ave, Ithaca, NY 14850, USA

Veterans House is part of the South Campus residential area; it is not part of the West Campus House System (WCHS).

Veterans House provides a communal, co-ed, environment to any undergraduate or graduate student interested in learning more about, and supporting, the military community. Prior military service and/or a commitment to future military service is not required to live in Veterans House. While the focus of the program house is to support Cornell’s student veterans, having a diverse residential program will foster an atmosphere that not only benefits student veterans but also creates a greater awareness of the unique challenges they face.

Veterans House also serves as a supportive community to further the success of Cornell’s military community at large. The house maintains very strong connections with other members of Cornell’s military community, including faculty and staff, the ROTC programs, and various military-affiliated student organizations.

Community Features

  • Open to transfer, upper-level, and graduate students 
  • 26 residents, including one Resident Advisor
  • Located adjacent to Cook House Main
  • Super single rooms arranged in corridors and suites, with single-sex corridor bathrooms
  • Multiple community lounges, library with study space, a patio area, and kitchen and laundry areas on the basement level
  • Bedrooms contain, for each occupant: a queen or XL twin bed, a closet and a bureau (or wardrobe/bureau combination), a desk and desk chair, a desk lamp, a wastebasket, recycle bin, and non-carpeted bedrooms floors
  • Wireless Internet access
  • Veterans House rooms have window air conditioner units provided by Student & Campus Life Facilities, at no cost to the resident, available by resident request (due to 12-month occupancy of the house)

Housing Population Type

  • Student veterans (undergraduate and graduate)
  • Upper-level undergraduate and graduate students with no military affiliation
  • ROTC students
  • Upper-level undergraduate and graduate students with military-affiliated family members
  • Students pursuing degrees related to government, policy, law, history, and political science

How to Apply for Residency: 

Application instructions and links can be found at Application Process: New Undergraduate Students and Application Process: Current Undergraduate Students in the Cornell Housing portal during the Program House recruitment period.

Mail and packages:

Visit the Service Center website for student mail and package information. Veteran’s House utilizes the Willard Straight Hall Service Center.

Dining Options

Learn about Cornell Dining's meal plans.Contact Cornell Dining.


Contact Cornell Housing