Nutrition & Special Diets
As part of Cornell Dining's purpose to Nourish the Future, students have free access to meet with us to discuss how to best navigate the dining hall for your specific dietary needs.
Our team members review all menus served and help to make sure students have access to healthy menu items.Look for the Eating Well apple on our menus to easily spot options that are:
100% whole grain
- 100% trans-fat free
- made with only fresh ingredients
- lower in fat, sugar, and salt content
To follow along with our mission, we are committed to serve house made high quality food that follows the guidelines below:
Are chef prepared - we have a team of award winning chefs that are passionate for food and are creative in their menus.
- 100% trans-fat free.
- We use canola oil, not soy or peanut oil, in our fryers.
- A large variety of vegetarian and vegan options are offered at every meal.
- We serve locally produced Cornell Dairy milk, yogurt, cheese, and ice cream.
- All pizza dough is made from scratch daily, including the whole grain pizza dough.
- We serve local apples year round and serve locally produced apple cider.
- We choose high quality ingredients with few additives and allergens.
- We accommodate all special dietary needs in a supportive and sensitive manner.
- We write menus with seasonality in mind and try to incorporate local foods whenever possible.
- We train all employees to serve food safely through the ServSafe food safety program.
- We train all employees to serve food safely through the AllerTrain food allergen training program.
- All dining staff members complete the AllerTrain food allergen training program.
- We hire food safety auditors to help us maintain the cleanest kitchens possible.
- We take suggestions and recommendations from our student customers seriously.
- We work closely with the Student Assembly Dining Committee to help guide our decisions.
Consult our Team
Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
Office: 108A Appel Commons