Commencement Housing On Campus
Commencement Housing 2021
On-campus housing is available to graduating seniors currently living in on-campus housing, as well as graduating seniors who have been studying remotely for the spring semester (including August 20 and December 20 graduates). We are not able to provide housing for guests for 2021 Commencement.
Graduating Seniors who have been studying away from Ithaca for the spring semester (and August ’20 and December ’20 graduates)
If you will be participating in any of the in-person May 2021 Commencement ceremonies, Campus Life would like to offer you on-campus accommodations for Commencement weekend at no charge. Reserve your accommodations by logging in to the housing portal by May 12, 2021. Please note, you must make reservations, as there will be no walk-in accommodations available.
We are unable to offer accommodations for family and friends. Guests and visitors are not permitted to enter residence halls or any campus buildings, or be near or enter the stadium during the ceremonies based on New York State COVID-19 guidelines. The only exception is for those two guests you designate to receive tickets to your ceremony. Further information on guest requirements will be coming from the Commencement Office as logistics are worked out.
- Reservations are from 9:00am on Thursday, May 27, 2021 through 12 pm (noon) on Monday, May 31, 2021.
- Accommodations are in Cornell's undergraduate residential buildings – one person per room.
- As assignments will be made as space allows, requests for specific buildings or for groups to be placed near one another cannot be accommodated.
- Bedding and towels will be provided.
- Check-in and check-out information will be detailed in your reservation confirmation, including details on pre-arrival testing and vaccination status.
- All participants must follow health and safety precautions, and testing protocols will be required.
- If not fully vaccinated, students must present proof of a PCR-based negative COVID-19 test prior to arrival (within 72 hours of their check-in time) to be exempt from arrival testing and 24-hour quarantine. Documentation showing a negative test result will need to be confirmed at a Cornell Surveillance test site in order to be cleared for move-in. Test sites operate 8am-6pm only. Your testing location will be confirmed in your reservation confirmation email.
- Per NYS requirements, an additional COVID-19 test must be completed on Thursday, May 27 between 8am-6pm in order to be cleared to participate in your Commencement ceremony. You will complete this test at the same time as getting cleared for move-in. You will receive your test result on Friday and may pick up your commencement event wristband between 1pm-6 p.m. at the test site. Your commencement wristband is your entry to your ceremony.
- If you are fully vaccinated or if you are fully recovered from a lab-confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 90 days and do not have any recent or current symptoms, you must still report to a Cornell Surveillance test site to present proof of documentation to be cleared for move-in. You will receive your Commencement event wristband at this time.
- If fully vaccinated, your CDC Card or similar is acceptable documentation. It must include the following details: Name, vaccine manufacturer, single dose date of J&J, lot number, and location of administration or provider signature, both dose dates if Moderna or Pfizer, lot numbers, and location of administration or provider signature. To be fully vaccinated you must have completed the COVID-19 vaccination series at least 14 days prior to your arrival.
- If recovering from COVID-19 within the 90 days, proof of documentation includes a prior positive test result with dates or a completed order of isolation within the last 90 days prior to your arrival.
- While on-campus, you are required to complete the Daily Check every day.
Additional details about the Commencement Checklist (launching May 10), Daily Check, testing, vaccination status, will be posted to commencement.cornell.edu in the coming days.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact Commencement Housing, Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm at firstname.lastname@example.org.