Current Undergrad Application Process
For 2021-2022 Housing
General Room Selection
The General Room Selection process for 2021-2022 housing begins in January 2021. Most current undergraduate students select their on-campus rooms – and roommate(s) or blockmates – for the following year through the General Room Selection process that takes place at the beginning of each spring semester. Students sign up online for housing to receive their randomly generated General Room Selection timeslot. During their timeslot, they log in to the Housing Portal to select their room and sign their housing contract.
Dates for the General Room Selection process:
- January 1, 2021 General Room Selection Sign-up begins, with a deadline of February 28, 2021.
- January 21, 3:00 - 4:00pm ET Webinar: Guide to General Room Selection. Watch the recording of the webinar.
- March 6, 11:59pm ET, 2021 Deadline to sign up for General Room Selection.
- March 8, 2021 Start watching your email to learn your timeslot. Review the instructions on this website to prepare for your timeslot.
- March 15 - 17, 2021 General Room Selection. You will be assigned a 20-minute timeslot within these ranges: for rising sophomores: 3/15/21 5:00pm - 10:40pm and 3/17/21 5:00pm - 8:20pm. For rising juniors and seniors: 3/17/21 9:00pm - 10:40pm.
Program Houses and University Co-ops
If you are interested in applying to live in a Program House or a co-op, these communities have their own application processes. Although the final deadline to apply for Program House residency isn't until February 16, 2021 (extended from Feb. 8), you may apply by November 10, 2020 for priority consideration. The applications for Program Houses are in the Housing Portal. Read about Program Houses.
University-owned Cooperative Houses manage their own occupancy. Students interested in Cooperative Houses should reach out to individual houses to inquire about vacancies and learn more about co-op living. A Virtual Co-op Mosey Open House will be on February 21, 2021 from 1:00 - 5:00pm in CampusGroups. Read about Cooperative Housing.
If you currently live in a South Campus residence hall or West Campus House and would like to live in the same building next year, you may take part in your community's In-Hall or In-House Continued Occupancy process. Dates and details will be available from your Hall or House leadership.
On-campus housing guarantees
Students who meet the application deadlines and requirements are guaranteed on-campus housing for their sophomore year. Juniors and seniors are not guaranteed on-campus housing. On-campus housing options for sophomores, juniors, and seniors are very limited.
Students currently on leave who are planning to return for fall 2021 will be able to apply for housing starting mid-Spring. Housing assignments will be released by mid-June based on availability.
Please refer to the links below more information. Note that specific dates and details will be added as they are confirmed.
Questions? Please contact us.