Low Rise #6
Low rise #6, Ithaca, NY 14850, USA
Low Rise 6 and Low Rise 7 are arranged with several of the Program Houses in a neighborhood on North Campus, all connected by brick pathways. These pleasant, quiet, brick and glass buildings provide homes that are both modern and cozy. Each of the Low Rise units has a main lounge, study room and kitchen. Residents often gather in the lounges to enjoy popcorn and hot chocolate, watch films with the faculty member in residence, or just hang out and talk about what's important in life.
Explore the community pages for Low Rises 6 & 7 in CampusGroups.
- Open to first-year students
- 160+residents per building
- Located on North Campus
- Suite-style rooms, with residents of each unit sharing a study room, social lounge, and kitchen
- Lounges, study areas, shared kitchens, and laundry facilities
- Single and Double Bedrooms contain, for each occupant: an extra-long twin bed, a closet and a bureau, a desk and desk chair, a desk lamp, a wastebasket, and floor carpeting
- Triple Bedrooms contain, for each occupant: an extra-long twin bed, a space-saving wardrobe/bureau combination, a desk and desk chair, a desk lamp, a wastebasket, and floor carpeting
- Wireless Internet access
Low Rise 6 rooms do not have air conditioning.
Catherine Appert, Assistant Professor of Music, is the Faculty-in-Residence for the Low Rises. She lives in an apartment in Low Rise 6 with her husband Moustapha, and regularly spends time with student residents of the Low Rise community.
The Low Rises also have a number of Faculty and Community Fellows that provide students with opportunities to explore and cultivate their academic, intellectual, and cultural interests. You will find them attending events in your building, eating with students in the dining room, and leading on and off campus trips to lectures, plays, films, concerts, and regional points of interest.
Housing Population Type