Meal Plans & Rates
Enjoy the convenience of cash-free dining - and save money - with a Cornell Dining meal plan! With just a swipe of your Cornell ID card you can access Cornell Dining's dining rooms for a reduced price, and make tax-free food purchases at our cafés, food courts, coffee houses, and convenience stores.
Choose from a variety of meal plans to find the option that best meets your needs and lifestyle:
- Four Traditional Meal Plans
Open to all undergraduate and graduate students
Featuring a combination of dining room meals, Big Red Bucks for tax-free food purchases, and bonus meals for guests
- Two West Campus House Meal Plans
Open to residents of the West Campus House System
One house meal plan and one house affiliate meal plan (for former house members), featuring a combination of meals in the West Campus dining rooms, meals in any of the dining rooms, Big Red Bucks for tax-free food purchases, and bonus meals for guests
- Five Debit Meal Plans
Open to undergraduate students living off campus, undergraduate students living in the Collegetown area, or graduate/professional students, depending on the plan
Flexible meal plan options for those who want to eat a limited number of meals at Cornell Dining eateries
- Three Summer Meal Plans
Open to students and visitors on campus for the summer months
Featuring a combination of dining room meals, plus Summer Bucks for tax-free food purchases
- MealChoice and MealChoice Encore
Open to Cornell staff, faculty, and retirees
Featuring discounted dining room meals, plus discounted food purchases in our cafés, food courts, coffee houses, and convenience stores
In addition to the convenience and cost savings, students on a Cornell Dining meal plan can take advantage of the following services:
- Box to-go meals - If you are not able to eat a particular meal plan meal in a dining unit, you can order and pick up a box meal at a residential meal plan dining room. To order a box meal breakfast, lunch, or dinner, present your meal plan card to that dining room's door-checker at least 24 hours before you want to pick up the meal. One meal will then be deducted from your plan's weekly meal balance. You will not be permitted to use another meal in the dining rooms for that meal period.
- Sick trays - Sick trays are available to students who are ill and unable to come to a dining unit for a scheduled meal. Sick trays can be picked up at any residential meal plan dining room at breakfast, lunch, or dinner by emailing another student and copying email@example.com to request the sick tray. The email must include student name, card ID number and any allergies or food sensitivities. The student can either bring the paper email or show the email on their phone to pick up the sick tray. One meal will then be deducted from the plan's weekly meal balance. The student will not be permitted to use another meal in the dining rooms for that meal period.
A non-refundable $50 administrative fee is charged once each academic year upon enrollment in most meal plans.
Enrollment in a Cornell Dining meal plan is voluntary, except for those students who choose to live in the West Campus House System. Students living in all West Campus Houses are required to enroll in the House Meal Plan.