PE 1645: Southwest Climbing Expedition - Red Rock, NV
Take your climbing to new heights on the sandstone of the southwest over spring break. Red Rock, NV has it all: sunny weather, long traditional routes, awesome sport climbing, and spectacular scenery. We'll spend eight days camping and climbing in this land of canyons and giants. With one instructor for every two students we have the flexibility to do anything; from starting to trad lead and building anchors to long multi-pitch routes.
The course fee includes all climbing and group camping equipment, instruction, camping, food, and on-ground transportation. Students are responsible for providing or renting personal camping equipment.
After receiving CONFIRMATION that the course will run, students should book flights to arrive and depart from Las Vegas McCarran International Airport, arriving by 5pm on Saturday, April 2nd and departing on Saturday, April 9th.
|Includes all climbing equipment and group camping gear (tents, stoves, etc.)
If you don't have your own, personal camping gear (sleeping bag, headlamp, etc.) is available for rent at a 25% discount. See Equipment List below for details.
|Participation in all class sessions is required in order to receive PE credit.|
|Basic Rock Climbing or equivalent experience, climbing regularly.
Lindseth Top rope belay certification minimum, Lead belay certification recommended.
Instructor approval required before registering (firstname.lastname@example.org).
|Enroll through Student Center or by contacting COE at 607-255-6183 or email@example.com|
|Monday||3/14/22||5:00pm to 9:00pm|
|Monday||3/21/22||5:00pm to 9:00pm|
|Sat-Sat||4/2/22 to 4/9/22||Depends on individual flight schedule|
Rock Climbing Equipment List
* These items are provided by COE and are covered in the course fee.
** These items can be rented from the COE Outfitting. Prices below reflect 25% discount, tax not included.
Synthetic base layers for bad weather
- Cotton t-shirts for nice weather
- Closed toe shoes. No sandals, even around camp!
- Wool or synthetic socks
- **Waterproof rain jacket with hood, available for $15.00 from COE Outfitting
- **Waterproof rain pants, available for $12.00 from COE Outfitting
- Warm hat
- 1-2 Insulating layers: fleece or synthetic fill jacket
- Warm gloves
**Sleeping bag, rated for 25F or lower, available for $45.00 from COE Outfitting
- **Sleeping pad, available for $6.00 from COE Outfitting
- Pillow (optional)
- Bowl, spoon, mug
- Pack or duffel bag to carry it all
Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Sunglasses (optional)
- **Working headlamp and an extra set of fresh batteries, available for $18.00 from COE Outfitting
- Personal medicine
- Feminine hygiene products
- Food or money for travel meals
- Camera (optional)
- Water bottles to hold 2 liters of water
- *Climbing shoes
- **Backpack to carry personal and a some of group climbing gear, available for $48.00 from COE Outfitting
* Tents and Tarps
- * Cooking gear & Food
- * First Aid Kit
- * Climbing Equipment