Student Support and Advocacy Services
Student Support and Advocacy Services is a newly reimagined organization within the Office of the Dean of Students, in Student and Campus Life. We strive to help students navigate challenging issues in all facets of their lives. We utilize non-clinical, trauma-informed, and identity-conscious approaches to our work with students. Our team of dedicated professionals focuses on creating a welcoming, non-judgmental, and caring environment that aims to facilitate access to holistic support services and campus and local resources.
Our focus areas include campus-wide case management and crisis response services. Case management consists of building 1-on-1 helping relationships with students while coaching them toward resources, self-care, and self-advocacy. Students experiencing non-crisis physical, psychological, safety, and patterns of academic concern should be referred to our office via this form by selecting the Student of Concern in the Report Type drop-down menu.
Our Administrator on-Call supports students after-hours navigating high-level issues of physical and psychological safety. For more information about when to reach out to the Administrator on-Call, click here.
If you have an emergency, please contact 911 or Cornell University Public Safety Dispatch at 607-255-1111.
The Office of Student Support and Advocacy Services assists students in navigating difficult life events and crisis situations that impact their ability to be successful. We utilize a student-centered and individualized approach to support and empower students. The office serves as the central point of contact for students, families, and community members, and collaborates with campus partners to holistically support students.
Common reasons to contact our office
Some of the common reasons students seek our services include:
- Academic difficulty due to physical or mental health issues
- Extenuating life circumstances impacting academic performance and/or overall functioning
- Seeking assistance finding or getting connected to support services on campus and/or in the local community
- To report a concern about the well-being or safety of themselves, another student, or the broader community
- Trouble fitting in or adjusting to college
- Food insecurity or unstable housing
- Financial Distress
- To talk through a life stressor
- Relationship challenges
- Not sure where else to go
How to utilize our services
- We meet with students through one-on-one appointments via in-person or Zoom. You may schedule an appointment by calling our office at 607-254-8598. Please be sure to indicate your preferred appointment type when you call.
- We also provide drop-in hours Monday-Friday, 10:00 am - 3:30 pm. Students will be seen in the order they arrive based on staff availability.
- 607-255-5155 (#4) - Cornell Health After-Hours (ProtoCall) 24/7 mental health professionals
- 607-255-1111 - Cornell University Public Safety Dispatch
- or 911
- 607-255-1111 (ask for an Administrator on-Call)
After Hours and Emergencies
Cornell University Public Safety Dispatch
607-255-1111 or 911
607-255-1111 (ask for an Administrator on-Call)
Cornell Health After-Hours (ProtoCall) - 24/7 mental health professionals