Plan Your Visit
October 2020 Update
Due to the success of the college's collective efforts to reduce the spread of COVID-19 on campus, the wall is now open to students for recreational climbing through November 24th. At this time, the facility will only be available for Cornell undergraduate, graduate, and professional students currently set up in the Daily Check and Surveillance Testing systems. We are still not able to offer climbing opportunities to other affiliates, guests, or community members.
Reservations are required to climb, and space is limited, especially for bouldering. Be prepared to make a reservation up to a week in advance to climb on the bouldering wall. Roped climbing areas are open to all users for traversing and light climbing. Climbers can move between roped and bouldering areas, if space permits.
- Become oriented to the climbing wall if you have never been.
- Review our COVID-19 policies and procedures.
- Review our pass options and purchase a pass based on your intended use, or sign up for an introductory class (see below).
- Make a reservation for a 2-hour climbing session.
At this time, we are limiting reservations to:
- One session per day
- Up to 3 sessions per week (7-day period)
- Reservations can be made up to 7 days in advance
Take a Class
For students new to rock climbing, or looking to boost their skills to get on ropes, consider one of our classes being offered this semester: