Graduate Community Advisor Positions
Applications are currently being accepted for:
Hasbrouck Graduate Community Advisor
Application Due Date: Monday, February 8, 2021 by 11:59pm
Information Session: Thursday, January 14, 2021 at 7:00pm GCA Zoom Info Session
To apply and to learn more, go to: GCA Application
The Graduate Community Advisor (GCA) facilitates interactions that contribute to a positive living environment for members of the Hasbrouck Community - graduate and professional students, postdoctoral and visiting scholars and their families.
- Must be a full-time, registered graduate or professional student at Cornell University and must have completed at least one year of graduate or undergraduate study at Cornell.
- Please submit the Eligibility Form to firstname.lastname@example.org which is included with the application.
- This a 12-month active family community and it is expected that GCAs are available to work the break periods including the full winter and summer break periods. Vacations will be on a rotating basis and will be determined as a team.
- Term of appointment is August 1, 2021-July 31, 2022, and the candidate must be available for the entire employment period in order to apply.
- GCAs cannot hold TA or RA appointments that exceed 12 hours.
Responsibilities include living in assigned 2-bedroom apartment in the Hasbrouck Community. The GCA will provide programs that create a community of students/postdocs, their partners and children who represent countries from all over the world. GCAs will provide crisis response and support and serve in a regular on-call rotation evenings and weekends.
- Hasbrouck 2-bedroom apartment
- Big Red Bucks
- Stipend of $2400 for the first year