Resident Advisor Positions
Resident Advisors (RAs) live in the undergraduate residence halls on campus and act as community leaders and peer educators, encouraging residents to respect one another and get involved with floor, hall and area activities, and providing information about campus resources.
What is a Resident Advisor (RA)?
RAs at Cornell have many different roles. Some of the roles include (but are not limited to)...
- Peer Counselors
- Community Builders
- Academic Resource People
- Crisis Managers
RAs spend a significant amount of time getting to know residents as individuals and generating enthusiasm as they bring students together to create floor and hall communities. RAs are responsible for other students, which means that a successful staff member must be sensitive to the needs of many different people. Recognizing differences takes sensitivity, understanding, self-confidence and strength of character. As residence hall community leaders, RAs encourage residents to respect one another, get involved with floor, hall and area activities, and provide information about campus resources. Finally, RAs are expected to be strong team players as members of a residence hall staff and Housing & Residential Life. They are expected to display a commitment to the development of an effective hall staff.
How to apply
RA applications for spring 2022 (limited positions) and academic year 2022-2023 are due on Monday, November 15th at 9:00am ET (extended from Nov. 12). The application is online. We highly recommend interested applicants attend any one of the 18 info sessions below; all sessions have the same content in each location, so you can attend any session that is convenient for your schedule. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com (this email is only checked from 9am - 4:30pm Monday - Friday). We can't wait for you to apply!
- Friday 10/8 @ 4pm @ RPCC 222
- Wednesday 10/13 @ 5:15pm @ Latino Living Center (LLC) Main Lounge (A Side)
- Thursday 10/14 @ 8pm @ HILC Main Lounge
- Friday 10/15 @ 7pm @ Toni Morrison MPR
- Saturday 10/16 @ noon @ Toni Morrison Room 102/104
- Monday 10/18 @ 7pm @ Risley CLR (Central Living Room)
- Tuesday 10/19 @ 5:30pm @ Mews 120 Lounge (1 West)
- Thursday 10/21 @ 1pm @ Jameson Sky Lounge (6th Floor)
- Saturday 10/23 @ 1pm @ Zoom
- Monday 10/25 @ 8pm @ Cascadilla Main Lounge
- Tuesday 10/26 @ 5pm @ Akwe:kon Community Room
- Wednesday 10/27 @ 8pm @ CKB Red Lounge (Kay)
- Thursday 10/28 @ 6:30pm @ Equity & Engagement Community (EEC) Lounge
- Sunday 10/31 @ 4pm @ Eco House Lobby
- Tuesday 11/2 @ 4pm @ Low Rise 7 Lobby
- Wednesday 11/3 @ 7pm @ Townhouses Community Center
- Thursday 11/4 @ 6pm @ Ujamaa Main Lounge
- Sunday 11/7 @ 4pm @ Zoom Please note that this session has been rescheduled to Monday 11/8 @ 5pm @ Zoom
- Wednesday 11/10 @ 8pm at Zoom