Alumni Interfraternity Council
To support the development of leadership, scholarship, service and brotherhood in the active members of Cornell fraternities: to enhance Cornell University through the positive and pro-active role of fraternities: and to ensure that Cornell fraternities survive and thrive as positive institutions in the Cornell community.
- Engage alumni to mentor and support fraternity chapters, fraternity members, and the IFC as well as providing continuity over time as student leaders change through:
- Education (anti-hazing, diversity, positive treatment of all genders)
- Chapter oversight – individually and collectively
- Encouraging responsibility and accountability
- Systematic improvement in the fraternity system
- Mentoring and providing positive role models for current student members
- Engage with University Administration to constructively communicate and advocate on behalf of the Cornell fraternity system, its chapters, and fraternity alumni
- Develop leadership in active members and alumni
- Enhance the role and positive impact of the Cornell fraternity system
- Currently engaged in better defining and improving Greek judicial process
- To bridge, support and enhance communications between active fraternity members, University Administration and faculty, alumni and community leaders and national fraternity organizations.
- To promote a safe environment for all members of the Cornell community.
- Increase our external focus by delivering positive public messaging about the benefits of Cornell fraternity life, the accomplishments and positive contributions of fraternity members and chapters to the Cornell community, and the life lessons imparted by the Cornell fraternity experience
- President: John Yerger ’82 Delta Kappa Epsilon
- Emertitus President: Mark Faber '81 Sigma Nu
- Vice President: Vacant
- Treasurer: Alex Pruce ’13 Zeta Psi
- Secretary: Adam Kirsch ’15 Beta Theta Pi
- Education and Training
- Judicial Process
- Maintenance and Infrastructure