In-person Event & Meeting Guidelines
Click here to view the most up-to-date information on hosting in-person events, meetings, and activities for the 2021-2022 academic year.
March 2022 update: All events, meetings, activities, and gatherings must follow current University COVID-19 guidelines. This includes policies about guests, masks, food, and other aspects of an event.
About Campus Activities!
Campus Activities provides vibrant and supportive opportunities that promote and nurture student learning, the practice of leadership, social responsibility, interpersonal skill-building and self-awareness through experiential learning.
We bring students and student communities together to:
Foster/create a sense of belonging
- Gain an understanding of, and an appreciation for, diversity
- Promote health and well-being
- Foster personal awareness
- Actively engage in and prepare for their roles as global citizens
We cultivate students’ active engagement in Cornell University through registered student organizations, volunteer and employment opportunities as well as participation in events, programs, workshops, and training.
Mission & Goals
Our mission—to provide students with opportunities designed to promote individual growth, creativity, and personal connections through experiential learning—is accompanied by 6 main goals:
To empower students and support their activities through the provision of services, facilities, classes, training, and programs.
- To facilitate and support hands-on experiences where students learn and use leadership and life skills. These skills include team building, group development, supervision, budget development, and fiscal management, marketing and promotion techniques, professional ethics, time management, decision-making, and meeting management.
- Consult with students, staff, and faculty wishing to hold major events on university property.
- Evaluate Campus Activities programs, training, and services regularly and initiate change when needed.
- Commit resources towards applying technological advances to Campus Activities sponsored programs and services.
- Initiate and support collaboration among students, staff, and faculty in the area of programming.
Meet the Team
Director of Campus Activities
Karli is the Director to Campus Activities within Campus and Community Engagement. The Campus Activities Team strives to focus on promoting and nurturing student learning, social responsibility, and community membership through experiential learning and student involvement. In addition, the office directly works with over 1,000 student organizations to provide mentorship through the year.
Kyle (he/him) is the Associate Director for Campus Activities. He is happy to support student organizations, event planning, and other parts of the student experience. He is the staff advisor for Club Sports Council, Senior Convocation, and Senior Days. He is also an advisor for Alpha Phi Omega (APO), Cornell Students for Black Lives (C4BL), and Swift @ Cornell.
Ricky has been with Cornell since July of 2019. Prior to his new position in Campus Activities, Ricky served as the Assistant Director of Sorority and Fraternity Life specifically working with the Multicultural Greek and Fraternal Council. He received his B.A. in Foreign Languages- Spanish in 2017 and M.S. in College Student Personnel in 2019 from Western Illinois University in Macomb, IL. The north side of Chicago is where he calls home and he is proud to be of Guatemalan descent.
Assistant Director, Campus Activities
Denice is an Assistant Director in Campus Activities where she is dedicated to providing vibrant and supportive opportunities that promote and nurture student learning, the practice of leadership, social responsibility, interpersonal skill-building and self-awareness through experiential learning. She directly advises the Willard Straight Hall Student Union Board, as well as, provides guidance to student organizations and assists with the coordination of on-campus events.