Welcome to Campus Activities!
Campus Activities provides vibrant and supportive opportunities that promote and nurture student learning, the practice of leadership, social responsibility, interpersonal skill-building and self-awareness through experiential learning.
We bring students and student communities together to:
Foster/create a sense of belonging
- Gain an understanding of, and an appreciation for, diversity
- Promote health and well-being
- Foster personal awareness
- Actively engage in and prepare for their roles as global citizens
We cultivate students’ active engagement in Cornell University through registered student organizations, volunteer and employment opportunities as well as participation in events, programs, workshops, and training.
Mission & Goals
Our mission—to provide students with opportunities designed to promote individual growth, creativity, and personal connections through experiential learning—is accompanied by 6 main goals:
To empower students and support their activities through the provision of services, facilities, classes, training, and programs.
- To facilitate and support hands-on experiences where students learn and use leadership and life skills. These skills include team building, group development, supervision, budget development, and fiscal management, marketing and promotion techniques, professional ethics, time management, decision-making, and meeting management.
- Consult with students, staff, and faculty wishing to hold major events on university property.
- Evaluate Campus Activities programs, training, and services regularly and initiate change when needed.
- Commit resources towards applying technological advances to Campus Activities sponsored programs and services.
- Initiate and support collaboration among students, staff, and faculty in the area of programming.
Meet the Team
Director of Campus Activities
Karli is the Director to Campus Activities within Campus and Community Engagement. The Campus Activities Team strives to focus on promoting and nurturing student learning, social responsibility, and community membership through experiential learning and student involvement. In addition, the office directly works with over 1,000 student organizations to provide mentorship through the year.
Assistant Director, Campus Activities
Denice is an Assistant Director in Campus Activities where she is dedicated to providing vibrant and supportive opportunities that promote and nurture student learning, the practice of leadership, social responsibility, interpersonal skill-building and self-awareness through experiential learning. She directly advises the Welcome Weekend Committee, the Willard Straight Hall Student Union Board and the Graduate and Professional Student Assembly Program Board. Denice oversees the Campus Activities Resource Center located in Willard Straight Hall and the Big Red Shuttle program.
Assistant Director, Campus Activities
Kyle is an Assistant Director for Campus Activities. Kyle is the advisor for our four Class Councils, the CUTonight Commission, Senior Convocation, and Senior Days. He is also an advisor for Alpha Phi Omega.
Program Assistant, Campus Activities; Business Manager
Linda works closely with the Willard Straight Hall Resource Center student staff, assisting with hiring and training, staff development, and learning outcome assessment. Her passion for mentoring has driven her to work and train using a hands-on approach and to lead by example.
Operations and Administrative Assistant
Roxanne is the current Office Manager for the Campus Activities Office. She has been serving Cornell University for over 25 years and has an immense passion for supporting students.
In her current role as Office Manager, Roxanne has oversight of the office logistics, budgets, scheduling, and ensures the professional staff have the administrative needs to be successful in their roles.