Fraternity and Sorority Giving Opportunities
The generosity of students, alumni, parents, and friends is essential to the development of quality programming and community-wide leadership activities. Many of these initiatives are supported solely by the undergraduate members of the system. If you are interested in supporting a particular program, please indicate this information with your correspondence.
- Chapter Live-In Advisor Support Beginning in Fall 2021, each sorority and fraternity must have its own LIA whose primary residence is in the chapter facility during the academic year. To support the expenses associated with this new requirement, we welcome the generosity of our alumni community. If your chapter is not listed on this giving page, please add a note about your intention (ie “Delta Chi Advisor”) as an “other” designation and a new fund will be created.
- Associate Dean’s Fraternity and Sorority Leadership Fund (fund number 538610)This fund supports the overall Greek System and the Interfraternity, Panhellenic, and Multicultural Greek & Fraternity Councils.
- Robert G. Engel Memorial Endowment (fund number 908318)This fund supports Greek Life programming and student leadership training.
- Robert G. Engel Associate Dean and Director of Fraternity and Sorority Affairs (fund number 655112) The Engel “Associate Dean” endowment supports the staffing and programming of the Office of Sorority & Fraternity Life.
- Jarett F. ’80 and Younghee Kim Wait Fund for Greek Excellence (fund number 0001390)An endowment fund to support the professional and leadership opportunities for fraternity and sorority members, promote faculty involvement with Greek organizations through intellectual and cultural activities, develop collaborative and multicultural programs within the fraternity and sorority community to foster a greater awareness and respect for diversity, and to co-sponsor student-initiated programs to encourage civic responsibility both on and off campus.
- Robert W. Selander ’72 Emerging Leaders Fund (fund number 0000479) This program endowment fund was established in December 2003 through a gift from Robert W. Selander ‘72 (Sigma Chi) to support leadership development initiatives. This program includes an annual Emerging Leaders’ Retreat.
- Multicultural Greek & Fraternity Council Gift Fund (fund number 333521)Established in 2001 to allow alumni to provide financial programming assistance to the Multicultural Greek & Fraternity Council.
- Order of Omega Gift Fund (fund number 0012262) The Order of Omega is Cornell’s only Greek Honor Society and seeks to honor fraternity and sorority leaders while creating and implementing programs that promote the overall development of members from the entire fraternity and sorority community. The society has over 100 active members and continues to execute meaningful and effective educational programs and presentations.
- Anthony B. Cashen Associate Dean of Students Fund (fund number 0008906) This fund is a $1 million 1:1 matching gift endowment by an anonymous donor in recognition for all Tony Cashen has done to make the Cornell fraternity and sorority experience superb. The appointed position will focus on the betterment of chapters; assist those facing challenges to reach their full potential, and help high-performing chapters maintain excellence. In addition, this position will provide advisement and mentorship to the Interfraternity Council.
If you would like to contribute to one of these funds, please send donations to Cornell University, Box 37334, Boone, IA 50037-0334.If you have questions about any of these funds, please contact Kara Miller McCarty, Cornell University, 538 Willard Straight Hall, Ithaca, NY 14853, email firstname.lastname@example.org or (607) 255-2310.