Membership and Pass Portal
For users who do have an Active NetID, use this Membership Portal (picture below) to purchase passes, classes, or make a reservation. Visit our Fees and Membership and Climbing Lessons pages to review our options in advance. Detailed instructions on how to make a reservation are discussed below.
- Use the link in the Account Log In sidebar, on the right side of the banner, to Login with Cornell NetID.
- Use the Climbing Memberships link in the Cornell Outdoor Education section below to purchase a pass, THEN
- Use the Climbing Lessons link in the Cornell Outdoor Education section below to make a reservation or sign up for a class
NOTE: Learn to Climb or Learn to Belay classes do not require an additional access pass purchase first.
This process is for:
- Cornell undergraduate, graduate, and professional students currently set up in the Daily Check and Surveillance Testing systems.
If you are signed up for PE 1639: Rock Climbing Conditioning, and have received your orientation email, use the portal to make a climbing session reservation (Climbing Lessons link).
To reactivate a frozen pass from Spring 2020, contact Josh Giblin.
Making a Reservation
Our reservation system is in place to ensure we do not overbook our space, or have too many people lining up to get in and be turned away from lack of space.
To make a reservation:
- Head to the PASS PORTAL and login with your standard NetID login.
- Click the link for Climbing Lessons in the Cornell Outdoor Education box. There you should see the Recreational Climbing listings, with different sessions listed for Bouldering and Roped Climbing that occur simultaneously.
- Choose a style and time that you would like to reserve and click the "Go to calendar" button on the left side of the table.
NOTE: Top Rope Certification at LCC is required to signup for a Roped Climbing session. If you do not have your cert, but know how to belay, you can sign up for a Boulder session and take your test at that time.
ALSO NOTE: If you sign up Roped climbing and also wish to boulder, you may do so if space permits, and vice versa.
- With the calendar view, select the actual days you wish to climb. You can select more than one section from this view, so long as it is the same style and time. You can reclick any session to deselect it. When you are ready to proceed, click the "Add to Cart" button on the bottom of the screen. Process the payment on the next screen (cost is $0, so no form of payment should need to be selected).
- If you want to add other sessions of a different style or time, repeat as necessary.
- Show up at the wall to climb!
At this time, we are asking everyone to limit their reservations to:
- One session per day
- Up to 3 sessions per week (7-day period)
- Reservations can be made up to 7 days in advance
If your selections do not agree with those rules, it will issue a warning and remove the choices that put you over the limit.