Storage & Shipping Options
Student and Campus Life has secured two options for storage for on-campus residents departing between now and March 29. The following FREE storage services are for on-campus residents only. Shipping services are available through these two vendors, but are at the individual student’s expense.
Storage Squad will have free boxes and tape available this weekend at the Robert Purcell Community Center Service Center and the William Keeton House Office. There is a four-box limit per customer. Please check Storage Squad's website for availability information and times at this link: https://www.storagesquad.com/cornell-summer-storage/
Customers should sign up for storage services here before going to get boxes: https://account.storagesquad.com/signup
Students should pack and label their items and leave them in their rooms when they depart. Storage Squad will then deliver the items when classes resume in fall 2020. Students can request shipping services in April at their own expense.
Please check https://www.bigredboxes.com/ for updates on boxes and pickups.
Big Red Shipping and Storage
Please follow this procedure to store your items until students return for in-person classes in the Fall 2020 Semester.
As a part of this process, BRSS will be unable to accommodate shipping services. Students may ship their items through BRSS at Student Agencies, Inc.’s front desk at 409 College Avenue at their own expense.
- Each student can store a maximum of three boxes that must be the official BRSS boxes collected at the supply center locations.
- BRSS will not accept non-box items (bikes, mattresses, shelves, suitcases, plastic bins, etc.).
- We are only accepting boxes for storage at our drop-off counters (see below for their exact locations).
- If you require shipping your items, please go to our office at 409 College Ave.
Picking up your boxes
Each student in Cornell’s on-campus residences will be allotted a maximum of three boxes on a first-come, first-served basis. To ensure your boxes are stored please do not wait until the last day(s) of drop-off counter operations. You can pick up your boxes at the following locations beginning Monday, March 16:
- William Keeton House Lobby across from the House Office
- Robert Purcell Community Center 2nd Floor (107 Jessup Rd)
Packing Tape will be available in each hall with residential staff.
Creating an account
Prior to dropping off your boxes you must create an account with Big Red Shipping and Storage. We will not accept any boxes for storage until you have made an account on the BRSS website. If you’ve used BRSS services in the past, you can use your previous account, in which case you do not need to do anything for this step.
- Click this link to create a new account.
- Register by entering in your Cornell email address
- An email will be sent to your inbox which will provide a confirmation code that must be entered into the registration form.
- Fill in all other appropriate information. Please make sure the name you provide for your account information is the official name on file with Cornell University (first name, last name).
- Do NOT make a storage appointment; you only need to create an account.
Please label two opposite sides of each box with the following information:
YOUR NAME AND YOUR NETID (the name you have on file with the university) with your first and last name. This name needs to be the exact same as the name on file with Cornell. This information must be written in LARGE LETTERS and in PERMANENT MARKER, on 2 opposite sides of the box.
Dropping off your boxes at Drop-off Counters
Box Drop-off Counters will be located at:
- William Keeton House Office (4 Forest Park Lane)
- Robert Purcell Community Center, Service Center (107 Jessup Rd)
- Thursday 3/19 & Friday 3/20: 1pm to 5pm
- Saturday 3/21: 10am-5pm
DO NOT wait until the last minute to store your boxes—if you do so, we may not be able to process your order.
We will NOT BE ACCEPTING ANY BOXES THAT ARE NOT:
- The official boxes picked up from the Cornell service centers
- Labeled with legal name and CU-Net ID number
- Securely taped
Boxes will be available for return from storage at the beginning of the Fall 2020 semester. You will NOT have access to your stored items at any point until that time. We will provide details to return your items over the summer break.