Interfraternity Council Recruitment
We, the Interfraternity Council, exist to promote the shared interests and values of our member fraternities: leadership, service, brotherhood, and scholarship. We believe in Fraternity and that the shared values of Fraternity drive the IFC to create better communities, better chapters, and better individuals.
We work to advance the academic mission of the host institution, to enable fraternal organizations to grow and thrive through collaboration and teamwork, to provide an outlet for self-governance and accountability, and to model and teach ethical leadership. In a spirit of mutual support and betterment, we, the individuals of the Interfraternity Council, pledge to elevate the ritual and the values of the member organizations.
- Cornell's Sorority and Fraternity membership comprise one-third of the undergraduate student population.
- Cornell IFC has one co-educational member, Alpha Zeta.
- IFC and all member fraternities welcome and celebrate students of all races, ethnicities, religions, nationalities, sexualities, gender identities, gender expressions, and ability.
- IFC is home to students from all 50 United States, and over 35 countries.
- Fraternity house amenities include in-house private libraries, 24/7 access to a full kitchen and private chef, gyms and weight rooms, outdoor spaces, TV rooms and common areas, free laundry and more.
- Fraternities sponsor unique professional development opportunities. By joining fraternities, members gain vast networks and are invited to attend exclusive IFC professional events, connections that often lead to internships and jobs from fellow alumni brothers.
- Cornell's fraternity community boasts two agricultural fraternities, Alpha Gamma Rho and Alpha Zeta.
- Safety is of the utmost importance to fraternity members. Every year, all members are trained in consent education and sexual violence prevention, alcohol and drug safety, and risk and event management.
- Brothers always have one another's backs. You can always count on a fraternity member for support & guidance.