PE 1653: Shawangunks Rock Climbing
Enjoy world-class rock climbing at one of the premier areas in the US, the Shawangunks! After two introductory classes at the Lindseth Climbing Center, we will travel to the 'Gunks for 2 days of rock climbing that will teach you the skills to follow multi-pitch climbs. Jump into spring with some of the best climbing in the world. A student-to-instructor ratio of 2:1 ensures individual attention and plenty of climbing for all.
Includes all climbing equipment and group camping gear (tents, stoves, etc.)
|Participation in all class sessions is required in order to receive PE credit.|
|Basic Rock Climbing or equivalent experience.
Top rope belay certification minimum, Lead belay certification recommended.
Instructor approval required before registering (firstname.lastname@example.org).
|Enroll through Student Center or by contacting COE at 607-255-6183 or email@example.com|
|Monday||4/25/22||6:00pm to 9:00pm|
|Wednesday||4/27/22||6:00pm to 9:00pm|
|Fri-Sun||4/29/22 to 5/1/22||5:00pm to 10:00pm|
Rock Climbing Equipment List
* These items are provided by COE and are covered in the course fee.
** These items can be rented from the COE Outfitting. Prices below reflect 25% discount, tax not included.
Synthetic base layers for bad weather
- Cotton t-shirts for nice weather
- Closed toe shoes. No sandals, even around camp!
- Wool or synthetic socks
- **Waterproof rain jacket with hood, available for $7.50 from COE Outfitting
- **Waterproof rain pants, available for $6.00 from COE Outfitting
- Warm hat
- 1-2 Insulating layers: fleece or synthetic fill jacket
- Warm gloves
- **Sleeping bag, rated for 25F or lower, available for $22.50 from COE Outfitting
- **Sleeping pad, available for $3.00 from COE Outfitting
- Pillow (optional)
- Bowl, spoon, mug
- Pack or duffel bag to carry it all
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Sunglasses (optional)
- **Working headlamp and an extra set of fresh batteries, available for $9.00 from COE Outfitting
- Personal medicine
- Feminine hygiene products
- Food or money for travel meals
- Camera (optional)
- Water bottles to hold 2 liters of water
- *Climbing shoes
- Backpack to carry personal and a some of group climbing gear
- * Tents and Tarps
- * Cooking gear & Food
- * First Aid Kit
- * Climbing Equipment