Big Red Guidebook for RSOs
Campus Activities welcomes you to the Big Red Guide: A helpful resource for tips and support for your student organization.
Your organization is one of over 1000 registered student organizations offering your fellow students opportunities to engage, explore, and be part of the vibrant Cornell community. We, in Campus Activities, are here to work with you and your organization in providing an environment that promotes and nurtures student learning, the practice of leadership, social responsibility, interpersonal skill-building, and self-awareness through experiential learning.
As a registered student organization, you are allowed to:
- reserve space on campus (subject to restrictions),
- host events/meetings,
- receive support and guidance on promotion and branding,
- participate in leadership training workshops,
- qualify for club insurance through the Student Assembly's Club Insurance Program,
- and so much more!
The Big Red Guide is here to provide you with helpful directions and resources on how to register your organization; grow your membership; provide leadership skill-building tools; plan and promote your events; access funding; reserve space; and more! We are here for you! If you have any questions or would like some guidance, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Accountability for Student Organizations as it pertains to policies
- Educational conversations hosted by Campus Activities with student leaders and/or organization members.
- Educational workshops or sessions providing helpful information.
- A written educational email outlining the rules and expectations.
- A written warning outlining the rules and expectations.
- If a reserved space is left damaged or in disarray, the organization could possibly be billed.
- Loss of all space reservation capabilities by the organization for the remainder of the semester.
- Loss of funding opportunities and/or existing university budgets.
- Loss of space reservations capabilities and ability to host in-person and virtual gatherings (event or meeting) by the organization for the remainder of the semester.
- Loss of organizational recognition (organization status can be moved to hold/paused).