Important Dates for Sororities & Fraternities
All those interested, must complete an online application. Registration will go live on Wednesday, November 4, 2020 at 4:00pm and will cost $35. Registration Link: https://cornellphc.mycampusdirector2.com/landing/
If interested, you must complete two requirements to be eligible:
- Online Potential New Member Orientation through LaunchPoint, which you will receive a link for once you have registered. This is an online module that you may complete whenever best suits you and will help you better understand the recruitment process.
- Panhellenic Sorority Experience Workshop will be hosted on the following days via Zoom. Links will be sent to those who have registered.
- Friday, December 4, 2020 at 3:00pm
- Monday, January 18, 2021 at 3:00pm
- Thursday, January 28, 2021 at 3:00pm
- Thursday, February 11, 2021 at 3:00pm
SPRING FORMAL RECRUITMENT DATES
- Recruitment Goes Live Virtual Fair | CampusGroups | 11/04/2020 | 4pm-6pm
- Recruitment Registration Deadline | CampusDirector | 02/17/2021 | 10am
- Round One | CampusDirector | 02/18-02/20 | All Day
- Round Two | CampusDirector/Zoom | 02/21 | 9am-7pm
- Round Three | CampusDirector/Zoom | 02/26 | 11am-8pm
- Preference Round | CampusDirector/Zoom | 02/27 | 11am-7pm
- Bid Day | CampusDirector/Zoom | 02/28 | 2pm
Multicultural Greek and Fraternal Council (MGFC) Recruitment
MGFC fraternities and sororities are culturally based (but not culturally exclusive) groups that range from historically Latinx, Black/African/African-American, and Asian-interest. Most MGFC organizations are continuously recruiting members all year round. Asian-interest groups hold Rush at the beginning of each semester and dates are announced once students return from summer and winter break. There are various opportunities throughout the academic year to find your home in the council.
Asian Interest Recruitment
February 15, 2021 - February 26, 2021
- General Interest Meeting will be held on February 15, 2021
- Bid Day is February 26, 2021
IFC Spring 21 Recruitment
All those interested must register for recruitment at https://cornellifc.mycampusdirector2.com/landing/ . Registration will open on November 6th, 2020 at 10pm. To be eligible for recruitment, one must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 and be able to demonstrate prior involvement in other organizations (can be from High School or During your Cornell experience).
Those interested must also complete two trainings prior to the beginning of the recruitment period. These are:
- IFC Introduction
- Tuesday, January 26th, 2021 @ 6pm
- Make-up on Friday, February 5th, @ 5:30pm
- Bystander Intervention & Alcohol Safety
- An asynchronous training in Canvas is provided to all registrants and must be completed prior to the start of IFC recruitment.
IFC Recruitment Dates SP21: (Please read below for an important update made Feb. 14, 2021).
- Recruitment Registration Kickoff: Tuesday, Nov 10th, 2020 (Zoom; 6:30pm - 8pm)
- Initial PNM Meeting/What to expect from IFC Recruitment : Feb 8th (Zoom; 5:00pm EST)
- IFC virtual recruitment will begin February 15, 2021. See details below:
- Feb. 15 and Feb. 16 (Chapter Presentations) 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. each night
- Feb. 17 and Feb. 18 (Assigned Zoom Open Houses) 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. each night
- Feb. 19 and Feb. 20 (Self-Select Zoom Open Houses) 6:30 - 8:30 F; 3-5 p.m. S
- Feb. 21 (Invitation only virtual events); Time will vary by chapter
- Feb. 22 Bid Day; Feb. 25 (deadline to sign a bid from primary recruitment process)
- March 3, 2021 11:59 p.m. - Deadline for IFC new members to reduce Cornell Dining meal plan
IFC new members, please review this information regarding meal plans:
Most new Fraternity or Sorority associate members will be permitted to reduce their meal plans for the spring semester to the Bear Supplemental Meal Plan, which offers 127 meal swipes and $400 in Big Red Bucks per semester at a cost of $1,800 total, or a traditional meal plan. To make this switch, you must sign the Office of Sorority and Fraternity Life bid link and then reduce your meal plan with Cornell Dining by 11:59 p.m. Ithaca time March 3, 2021. To reduce your meal plan, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to COVID, meals provided by the fraternity will have to be Grab and Go for new members.