Skip to main content

Cornell University

Community Guidelines for Graduate Students 2023-2024


Philosophy and Procedure


Off Campus, Cooperative, and Graduate Living (Hasbrouck) is committed to the overall educational and personal development of its residents and views the unique experience of living on campus as contributing greatly to such development. To facilitate this process effectively, it is important to maintain an appropriate community environment.  


It is the responsibility of each resident to become familiar with all Cornell University and Residential Programs policies, administrative procedures, regulations, and community standards. The University will make every effort to make certain all information is available and easily accessible to all residents.  

Given that all members of the HASBROUCK community are adults working at a graduate/professional degree level or higher, there is a higher expectation that individuals take more ownership in resolving differences with neighbors or roommates. Further, as the name "community guidelines" implies, we expect all in the community to support these policies by way of raising concerns to the person who may be disregarding them directly. Should an issue arise, the following steps towards resolution should be taken: 

1.     Directly speak with the person with whom the conflict has arisen. 

2.     Contact a Graduate Community Advisor (GCA) to provide advice and support. 

3.     Speak with the Director for Off-Campus, Cooperative, and Graduate Living for additional support. 

Cornell University reserves the right to review all alleged violations of the Student Code of Conduct, the Terms and Conditions of your Housing contract, and/or Housing and Residential Life community guidelines. While it is the goal of the judicial process to educate students about the purpose and importance of abiding by these policies, Cornell University will also issue sanctions by the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards or educational agreements by Housing and Residential Life staff as appropriate and necessary to ensure continued and/or future adherence. These possible sanctions include, but are not limited to, oral warning, written warning, probationary status, restriction of privileges, restitution, community service, administrative referral, and re-assignment or expulsion from the community. In addition, the University reserves the right to remove a student from the community pending the outcome of disciplinary action or to transfer the student to another community at any time when, in the judgment of an authorized representative of Residential Programs, the student has engaged in or threatened acts of misconduct such that his/her continued presence would endanger public order or property, threaten the personal safety or security of others (by acts of physical or mental harassment or other means) or be sufficiently disruptive as to adversely affect the ability of others to pursue their educational goals. When a contract is terminated due to discipline issue(s), no refund of any housing that is billed or scheduled to be billed will be made. 



Section One



Air Conditioners

Hasbrouck Residents can purchase a window air conditioner (moveable floor units are not allowed) for their apartments, provided the following procedure is followed: 

-       Before purchase, contact the Service Center to make sure that the unit does not exceed size and voltage maximums. 

-       Arrange an appointment through the Service Center to have Facilities staff install the unit. 

-       You will be charged an installation fee as well as a seasonal utility charge. 


Computer Connections

Constructing computer connections between apartments/rooms is prohibited as is running an electrical cord from your room to a corridor outlet. 



As Cornell is within five miles of an airport, students wishing to fly drones on campus must comply with all Federal Aviation Administration regulations, which includes contacting the Ithaca Tompkins Regional Airport control tower to receive approval for flying their approved and licensed drone.


Electrical Appliances

You may use electrical devices such as radios, CD players, tape recorders, computers, printers, hairdryers, razors, and clocks provided they are plugged into outlets in your room and do not exceed the amperage limits of the circuits in the apartment/room. 


Washing machines, portable dishwashers, clothes dryers, hot tubs, extension cords, “spider” lamps, halogen lamps, lamps that require a bulb greater than 150 watts, and appliances not controlled by thermostats are prohibited. 


Floor lamps must have the required wattage light bulbs and cannot exceed what is stated on the lamp’s Underwriter’s Laboratories (UL) label. (Label is commonly found on the shade or near the outlet for the light bulb.) 


Motorized Vehicles

You, as a single contract holder, or you and any member of your family/group may not store or park any type of motorized vehicle—gasoline, propane, electric—in or near any apartment or building, nor may you store any such power source. You may not block an exit by parking a vehicle either inside or outside a building. Vehicles in violation will be impounded. 



The university has an approved vendor that rents refrigerators and micro-fridges. Only micro-fridges from the approved vendor are permitted. Minifridges may be purchased and brought to campus, provided they meet required specifications. Refrigerators are provided in the apartment units. 



Section Two



Abandoned Property

If you leave behind any personal property in your room or apartment or elsewhere in the area after your license ends, the university reserves the right to sell or otherwise dispose of it without further notice. 



Bicycles may be kept in your apartment or on your porch area, provided that they are away from furnace or meter rooms and that you have a clear exit from your apartment in case of an emergency. Do not lock them to gas pipes or lock them in hallways or stairwells. There are a limited number of bike racks available for your use in each area. 


It is required that you purchase a sturdy bicycle locking system for your bicycle and register your bicycle with Cornell Transportation Services (116 Maple Avenue, 5-4600) or Cornell University Police in Barton Hall. All New York State laws apply to bicycle riders and there are special bicycle lanes and rules on the campus. 


New York State law states that children under the age of 13 are required to wear helmets when riding bicycles or skateboards. Also, children under the age of 14 must use helmets on scooters. If a child is riding alone without a helmet, they may be warned and asked to walk their bike (or skateboard or scooter) home. If a child is riding without a helmet with a guardian present, the guardian may receive a ticket.  



Free tables are located in the Hasbrouck community laundry rooms. If you have functional, clean, usable items you no longer need, you can leave them on the free table for other community members to use. Broken, unclean items, food, or garbage are not allowed on the free tables. 


Waterbeds/Hot Tubs 

Due to their excessive weight, waterbeds and hot tubs are prohibited.


Weapons and Fireworks

Possession or use of rifles, shotguns, pistols, and other firearms or ammunition, gunpowder, fireworks, air rifles, air pistols, and other dangerous instruments is prohibited. For further information about this regulation, refer to “Possession of Rifles, Shotguns, and Firearms on Campus” in Policy Notebook for Cornell Community. 


Weight Lifting Equipment  

Weight lifting equipment is not allowed except dumb bells under 25 lbs are permitted 


Section Three



Courtesy and Quiet Hours

Residents and their guests are expected to always observe courtesy hours by acting in a manner that is conducive to studying or sleeping. Courtesy hours are in effect 24 hours a day. If individuals are making noise, speak to them directly and ask that they be quieter. We expect that residents will work together to agree on noise levels, however, absolute quiet cannot be guaranteed.  


If repeated excessive noise occurs, contact your GCA. It is recommended that stereo speakers, television sets, entertaining, and general conversations be kept at low levels. If you wish to have a large event, you can reserve a room in the Community Center or consider using another public space. 

Quiet hours are between 10 pm-8 am Sunday through Thursday, and 12 am through 8 am on weekends. 


Garbage and Recycling

Trash should be emptied regularly from your apartment/room to avoid attracting insects. Trash should be tied in plastic bags and placed in the dumpsters designated for your complex. If you have other large items for disposal, (i.e. tires, broken furniture) contact the Service Center for instructions.  


Recyclable items such as glass, plastic (detergent and milk jugs), aluminum cans, newspapers, cardboard, and magazines should be placed in the appropriate recycling bin. Do not place garbage or non-recyclables in recycling bins. All recyclable containers must be rinsed before recycling. 


Improper disposal of garbage or recyclables may result in a fine. (For specific garbage and recycling instructions in your complex, please refer to other posted information or ask the Service Center staff, the DIRECTOR, OFFCAMPUS, COOPERATIVE AND GRADUATE LIVING or a GCA.) 


Guests and Visitors

Guests are permitted in residential apartments/rooms if they do not constitute a problem for roommates or other residents. Each resident is responsible for his/her guests. 

The following are general rules applied to guests: 

-       Overnight guests may not sleep in common areas (e.g. hallways, living rooms, community centers, laundry rooms). 

-       Visitors may not enter a room/apartment/hall without being escorted by the person they are visiting. -     No room keys or temporary access cards will be issued or given to guests. 

Specific lengths of stay allowed for guests is as follows: 

-       Hasbrouck Apartments 60/40 units 

o You may have overnight guests for not more than three (3) nights in a seven (7) day period if it is convenient for roommates, apartment-mates, suitemates, and corridor mates. Guests are expected to observe all university rules and regulations. 

-       Hasbrouck Apartments Family Housing  o You or members of your household may have guests in your apartment provided they are transient, do not become residents of the apartment, and do not visit for longer than 45 days in any contract year. Guests may not use the apartment location as a legal address.  


Hallways and Stairwells

Residents may not leave personal items in hallways or stairwells. Items not removed by a resident after the first warning will be removed. 



Section Four



Exterior Aerials, Antennae, and Displays

You may not place exterior aerials, antennae, flags, or other display materials on the residence hall or apartment or extend them from the building. You may not splice internal cables and run them into a room/apartment. 


Grills and Hibachis

In the Hasbrouck community personal charcoal grills are allowed because community grills are not available.  

-       Under no circumstances are gas grills allowed in any graduate residential community. 

-       When using a charcoal grill, you must abide by the following safety guidelines: 

Use of Charcoal Grills: 

-       All Grills shall be used and maintained in strict accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. -            Familiarization with the use of your Fire Extinguisher is encouraged. 

-       Grills may only be used outside and may not be set up under an overhang, in a tent, or on any rooftop. 

-       Grills must be set up on level ground at least six feet from any walkway and 25 feet away from buildings or structures. The grill must be positioned so smoke from cooking does not enter buildings. 

-       After cooking, charcoal must be completely extinguished and cold before disposal in the provided ash receptacles. 

Storage of Grills and Charcoal: 

-       Grills shall be stored in strict accordance with the manufacture’s recommendations and these guidelines. 

-       Under no circumstances shall the storage of grills or charcoal be allowed within the individual apartments. 

-       When the grill and amenities are not being used, they shall be stored at least six feet away from any opening or means of egress to the apartment. 

-       Lighter fluid is a flammable substance and is not permitted in residential apartments/rooms. This includes “instant light” charcoal that has been soaked in lighter fluid. It is recommended that “charcoal chimneys” are used to heat charcoal for the grill. 



Trees, bushes, vegetables, and flowers may NOT be planted in the grounds around any of the buildings. Vegetables can attract skunks, raccoons, squirrels, and mice. Potted flowering plants are permitted; these can be placed in the porch areas and on sidewalks (but not in or on the grass area as this hinders grass cutting). You may be asked to remove any vegetable or flower plantings that do not comply with this policy. 


Smoking and Vaping

Smoking is not permitted in residence hall rooms/apartments or any other portion of the buildings, including common areas. 

Smoking is only permitted outside, at least 25 feet from any University building. If at any time smoking disturbs other residents, you will be asked to stop or move away from the building. 


Although cannabis is legal in New York State, it is prohibited in any building or the grounds of Cornell University. Cornell received federal funds and it is not permitted under federal law. 



To minimize damages when playing near the buildings, use Frisbees, tennis balls, and “Nerf” or soft footballs rather than hard balls. If you do break a window or cause other damage, report it to the Service Center or a GCA immediately.  

-       Playing sports in interior common spaces is prohibited. 


Windows, Balconies, and Outdoor Spaces

-       Outdoor equipment of any type may not be installed or placed on the grounds. 

-       Nothing may be thrown from the windows or doors of your apartment or into the public areas of the buildings or apartment complex. Further, nothing may be shaken, cleaned, or hung from the windows, balconies, ledges, or roofs of the buildings and nothing should be placed on window ledges.  

-       Use of resident hall windows to enter or exit the building is prohibited and subject to disciplinary action. -           Objects may not block windows. 

-       Residents are not permitted on roofs, ledges, or overhangs. Residents are not permitted to climb the exteriors of buildings. 



Section Five

Facilities Concerns


Alterations to Apartment/Room/Common Area

You may not make alterations to or paint your room/apartment. If additional painting is needed during your occupancy, please complete a Service Request Form and a staff person will assess your request. Alterations, abuse, or conditions beyond normal wear and tear that permanently damage a room will result in a charge for repair or replacement.  


Apartment/Room Entrances

You must provide clear and clean apartment/room entrances so that safe access is maintained for safety personnel, maintenance mechanics, and other residents. To promote safety and security, please keep entrance and exit doors always closed and clear of belongings. 


Egress access must be always safe and passable, including corridors, stairwells, lounges, other common spaces, and living spaces. In student rooms, state and city regulations require a minimum of 36 inches between the door and any other item in the room. 


Apartment/Room Standards

Each resident must complete a Room Inventory and Condition (RIC) form within 72 hours of move-in at a Check-in Appointment with a GCA. This RIC is to be used to record any existing damage to the room/apartment.  


Any damages noted during room/apartment inspections after a resident’s departure which were not recorded on the RIC are the resident’s financial responsibility. 


You are expected to clean and maintain your apartment/room during the time you occupy it and that you leave the apartment/room in a clean condition when you depart as well. 


You must keep rooms in sanitary condition. Food must be put away in closed containers. Rooms should be clean of any food scraps or crumbs that could attract insects/rodents. 


If a student’s room needs to be accessed by a University Official (for example emergency maintenance, bed bugs, medical situations, and safety inspections); we will require residents to keep their room in an orderly condition. 24-hour advance notification will be given whenever possible. 


Common Area Damages

If damage occurs in common areas and the responsible parties are not identified, all residents of the floor, unit, and complex may be billed for the cost of repair and/or replacement of damaged items according to the Common Area Damages Policy. The decision to bill students and the determination of a damage amount is at the sole discretion of the university or its designee. Allocation of charges does not constitute a disciplinary action.



Pictures, posters, and other materials must be hung from picture moldings only. Nails, tacks, screws, tape, glue, and other adhesives may not be used on walls, ceilings, wardrobes, woodwork, doors, or furniture. Damages resulting from violations of this regulation will be assessed against the residents responsible for the damage. 


Windows in all student rooms come already equipped with drapes, shades, or blinds. Students may not hang window treatments in their rooms unless (labeled) material is fire rated. Certification must be on file with the Manager for the area. 

-       Tapestries may not be hung in rooms/apartments. 

-       You may not hang or post anything on the ceilings. 



Residents in furnished apartments/rooms are responsible for maintaining the furnishings. The furniture may be rearranged, but not removed or taken apart. If furnishings are removed, you will be charged for moving them back to their proper location. Unauthorized removal of furnishings from the lounge areas or the building constitutes theft, and the persons responsible will be subject to administrative action and/or prosecution under the Student Code of Conduct or municipal or state law. Storage space for university-owned room furniture is not available. University-owned furniture cannot be “swapped” for other university-owned furniture unless the item is broken and must be replaced. 

Note: Cinder blocks and homemade lofting equipment may not be used to elevate furniture or shelving. 



Maintenance in student rooms and common areas may only be completed by authorized staff. 

Facilities, Housekeeping, and Maintenance staff cannot remove shoes when entering rooms/apartments. Water heater and/or mechanical closet doors cannot be blocked. 



Section Six

Fire Safety


Candles and Incense

-     Candles and incense burners are prohibited and cannot be used for display or decoration purposes. -    No open flames are permitted. 

Candles or incense may be lit for religious purposes or certain special events with prior permission and when a flame is in an enclosed glass container and a staff member is present. The scent of incense must be contained within a resident’s room/apartment. Under no circumstances should burning incense or a lit candle be left unattended. 


Cooking Safety

Fire-safety requirements prohibit cooking in residence hall rooms and apartments, except in designated kitchenettes, or the room/apartment using approved appliances. Approved appliances include the micro-fridge rented by the University, and small appliances with self-contained, thermostatically controlled heating elements with automatic shut-off features. Appliances without these features may be used only in apartment or hall kitchens. Any electrical cooking appliance not thermostatically controlled is prohibited anywhere in residence halls or apartments and will be confiscated. 

Note: Do not leave food cooking unattended. 


Electrical Cords

Exterior electric cords, extension cords, and multi-plug adapters are prohibited. An outlet strip with a breaker switch that is identified with a UL label is allowed. 


Electric cords may not cross a sidewalk, road, grass, etc., as it presents a potential life safety hazard. 


Fire Safety Inspections

The University is subject to fire and safety inspections by various agencies. If a fine is incurred because of your failure to comply with the terms of your Housing Contract or with any request from a residence staff or other University staff, you will be responsible for the fine. 


Please note that the Fire Safety policies are subject to compliance changes and updates based on local and state-regulated standards. Advance notice of changes/updates will be provided. 


Flammable Substances 

You must not store explosive or flammable substances in the residence halls or apartments.  

Occupancy Limit

Cornell does not attempt to define who family is but for reasons of safety and maintenance, limits are set for the number of people occupying an apartment. Over-occupancy in any apartment is grounds for referral to the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards. 


With family apartments there is a maximum of two adults permitted in each unit and under no circumstances may a group exceed four persons. Specifically: 

-       Studio - 1 adult, 2 adults, or 1 adult and 1 child 

-       1-bedroom - 2 adults, 2 adults and 1 child, 1 adult and 1 child, or 1 adult 

-       2-bedroom apartment - 2 adults and 1-2 children, or 1 adult and 1-3 children.  


In shared apartments, occupancy cannot exceed one single student per bedroom (i.e. a 2 -bedroom apartment cannot exceed 2 people). 


In graduate non-apartment spaces, the occupancy cannot exceed the room type (i.e. a single room is for 1 person, a double room is for 2 people). 


It is your responsibility to notify the Director, Off-Campus, Cooperative, and Graduate Living of any change in your status, eligibility, or family size that would affect your continued occupancy. Failure to do so may result in termination of your license. Group size that exceeds occupancy restrictions may result in the termination of the contract. If you reside in family-partner housing and will be having a child live with you who is not your legal dependent, you are required to obtain and provide proof of legal guardianship of custody from the child’s parent(s).  


Propping Open Doors

Do not prop open doors as it presents a serious safety and security hazard to the community. Exterior entrances to residence halls are locked at all times. (Temporary exceptions may be authorized by a Campus Life staff member.) Residents must not put themselves or others at risk and must not offer access to locked buildings to strangers or unauthorized persons. Residents purposely violating security policies by propping exterior doors or modifying latches may be subject to disciplinary action, including restitution for damages. All windows in unoccupied space must be closed and latched. Propping doors open invites strangers and small animals to enter buildings. 


Residents may not allow access to a room/apartment/building for another person unless he/she is the host for the person or specifically knows that the person is a current resident of the building. 


Sprinkler Heads and Pipes

Do not hang any items on the sprinkler pipes or sprinkler head in your apartment/room. The sprinkler pipes and heads are highly sensitive and if broken, water will come out of the sprinkler head, alarms will go off at Environmental Health & Safety, and the Fire Department and fire trucks will be dispatched. You may be held financially responsible for any clean-up and damage caused as a result. 


Tampering with Fire Safety Equipment

You must not activate false alarms, interfere with the proper functioning of the fire alarm system, or tamper with, cover, or remove smoke detectors, fire hoses, extinguishers, or fire-fighting equipment. You may not hang anything from sprinkler pipes or any part of the fire sprinkler system. Violators are subject to prosecution under the Campus Code of Conduct or state or municipal law. 


Tampering or non-emergency use of the Blue Light or Elevator emergency phone call buttons is prohibited. 


Objects may not be 18 inches or closer to the ceiling or any fire safety device. 



Section Seven

Legal Issues


Alcohol and Drugs

You and your guests must obey federal, state, and local regulations on alcoholic beverages and illegal drugs. University policies on alcoholic beverages and other drugs are also applicable. (See Policy Notebook for Cornell Community.) Student violations may lead to a referral to the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards. Post-Doctoral or Affiliate Violations will be referred to the Office of Human Resources. Refer to the university policy for details:


Commercial Activities

No commercial business or activity may be conducted in or from any room or apartment or on the grounds surrounding them. Using residence telephones and internet connections for profit-making purposes is also prohibited. 


Domestic Violence, Child Abuse, or Neglect

Any sort of violence or abuse within a household is illegal. This includes physical, sexual, emotional, and psychological abuse whether one partner toward the other, or parent toward child. If you are a victim, or if you know of such a household, seek assistance immediately. Go to a GCA, the Director, Off-Campus, Cooperative and Graduate Living, a friend/neighbor, or call Cornell Police for help. 



All forms of gambling in residential areas are prohibited. Raffles for fundraising purposes are also not permitted. 



In case of any sort of harassment, residents should contact University Police at 911 for emergencies or 2551111 for non-emergencies. You may also contact the GCA on-call if you have any questions.  



Soliciting, canvassing, and leafleting are generally not permitted on Cornell property (including residential areas). When a person comes to your door attempting to sell an item, gain a contribution, or persuade you on an idea, discuss politics or religion, it is considered soliciting. Refer a solicitor's concern to a GCA, the DIRECTOR, OFF-CAMPUS, COOPERATIVE, AND GRADUATE LIVING, the Service Center, or University 

Police. If a registered Cornell organization wants to solicit door-to-door it must be approved by the University. You will be notified in advance of an approved solicitation. 


Speed Limit

The speed limit is 15 M.P.H. in all graduate residential areas. Residents may report speeding vehicles to Cornell University Police by providing a license plate number. 



Subleasing is not permitted at Hasbrouck Apartments. You may not take a roommate, assign, subcontract, lease, or otherwise transfer your housing contract.  For information regarding vacates, releasing and replacing, contact  


Unattended Children

Supervision of children is mandated. Parents/guardians are held responsible for any damage caused by a child. If you are concerned about the actions of an unattended child, please notify the appropriate resources (e.g., GCA, DIRECTOR, OFF-CAMPUS, COOPERATIVE AND GRADUATE LIVING, Service Center). 



In case of any sort of vandalism, residents should contact the GCA on call. If it is an emergency, please call Cornell University Police at 911. Residents found responsible for causing vandalism will be charged the cost to repair/replace the damage due to vandalism and may also face judicial action.  



Section Eight



Identification Cards

If you lose your ID card, you must report it as a “lost card” to be replaced within 72 hours if not found. Lost card notifications and replacements occur at the University Registrar’s Office. 


Keys and Lock Outs

Keys must remain in your possession at all times. You must not duplicate or loan residence hall/room keys. 


You are responsible for maintaining the security of your apartment. You may not alter or replace the present locks or other security devices or install additional locks or other security devices.  


If you ever lock yourself out of your apartment/room, you can be let in by the Service Center or the GCA oncall. During working hours, the Service Center will issue you a temporary lockout key. After hours, the GCA oncall can be contacted to let you into your apartment/room. Residents must have proper identification such as an ID or knowledge of information on the key card and must sign a Lockout Key Agreement before they take a key. There is a $5 charge per lockout. 


Keys are only issued to the contract holder and spouse/partner where applicable. Guests, friends, and children will not be given a lock-out key or let into your apartment/room. (It is recommended that parents establish an alternate plan should a child be locked out.)  


All lost or stolen keys should be reported to Cornell Police and the Service center staff immediately. To ensure your safety, if apartment/room keys are lost, the locks on the residential unit and mailbox will be changed. You will be charged for the cost of the lock change. 


CUPD will not unlock doors for residents. 



All graduate residential areas have 24-hour, permit-required parking areas. Residents with vehicles must register with Cornell Transportation Services, 116 Maple Avenue (255-4600).  


For more information, visit:


Non-resident vehicles are required to park in the designated visitor spaces. Cornell University uses the services of Parkmobile USA that lets visitors pay for short-term parking. 


To use Parkmobile,  

-       Look for the Parkmobile sign (green signs, with area codes).  

-       Use the Parkmobile app, website, or call 1-877-727-5730 to start (or even extend) a parking session. This works like a parking meter.  

Register at 

Visit for Cornell-specific information.  


There are several "drop-off zone" parking spaces that may be used by residents or visitors for up to 10 minutes.  


Do not park in the path of any garbage dumpster area or a handicapped space.  


If you have special parking needs, you may contact Cornell Transportation Services at 255-4600. 


Storage Units such as “Pods” are not permitted in our Parking Lots. 



The keeping or presence of pets in an apartment/room is prohibited except for extremely small pets that are normally confined to cages or aquariums (hamsters, guinea pigs, gerbils, birds, turtles, and fish - aquariums must be under 10 gallons). In single-student units, only fish (aquariums must be less than 10 gallons) are permitted. Such pets are approved, provided that their presence, noise, odor, and disposal of waste are not a problem to other residents or staff.  


Pets may not be kept in corridors, courtyards, lounges, or any other common areas of the residence. Animal waste must be sealed in a plastic bag and placed in a dumpster. Residents are responsible for any damage to Cornell property caused by an approved pet during the period of room occupancy. Please note that although rabbits and birds are in cages, they are not considered small and thus are not allowed. Dogs and cats are not permitted. If you violate this condition or the University Pet Policy, the pet may be confiscated, and you may be referred for departmental administrative action and/or disciplinary action by the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards.  


Service dogs are permitted as long as they are a part of Cornell’s Service Animal Program (as determined by the Office of Student Disability Services), but not for training or companion purposes. 

Other Important Campus Policy Resources

The following Cornell University rules, regulations, policies, and procedures also apply in residential communities. Students who have alleged violations will be referred by Residential Life or WCHS staff to the appropriate governing offices. Students are responsible for making themselves knowledgeable about any campus rule or policy that may apply to them based on use or agreement of the individual even if not listed here specifically. For example, campus parking regulations.


Cornell University Student Code of Conduct

Cornell University Policy 6.4: Prohibited Bias, Discrimination, Harassment, and Sexual and Related Misconduct

Good Samaritan Protocol