Weeks of Welcome (WOW)
Saturday 8/19 - Sunday 9/10
Weeks of Welcome (WOW) is a celebration of a new semester! With so many events, meetings, workshops, and more across campus, the WOW calendar brings it all to one place. Check out the CampusGroups events calendar for events from student organizations, offices, and other areas on campus.
Follow @CornellActivities on Instagram to stay up-to-date on WOW events.
Week 1 (8/21-8/25)
Mon 8/21: First Day of Class Photos! with Tatkon Center & Family Programs. Come celebrate your first day of classes by taking a photo!
- Mon 8/21: "Conduct Quizzing"; Meet the Office & Giveaways with Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards
- Tue 8/22: Meet the Office & Giveaways with Health Professions Advising Center & Cornell Career Services
Wed 8/23: Sports ClubFest with Club Sports Council. Meet the Club Sports that start their seasons before 9/10's ClubFest!
- Thu 8/24: DIY goodie bags with the Student Union Board
- Thu 8/24: Celebrate your Class Pride! with the Cornell University Class Councils
Fri 8/25: Guess that Celebrity Tweet! with Cornell Concert Commission
- Fri 8/25: Meet the Office & Giveaways with the Einhorn Center for Community Engagement
Week 2 (8/28-9/1)
Mon 8/28: Suggest Slope Day Artists! with Slope Day Programming Board
- Mon 8/28: Meet the Program & Giveaways with Cornell in Washington
- Tue 8/29: "Conduct Quizzing"; Meet the Office & Giveaways with Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards
- Tue 8/29: Professional Fraternity Council Fair with Professional Fraternity Council
- Wed 8/30: Bubble Break with Campus Activities Office
- Thu 8/31: Meet the Office & Giveaways with Cornell Career Service & Campus Sustainability Office
- Fri 9/1: Pet Therapy! with @TeamFranzesePups: Ranger, Numa, and Zooks!
- Fri 9/1: Meet the Program with the Cornell Academic Materials Program
Week 3 (9/4-9/8)
Mon 9/4: no classes or events
- Tue 9/5: Succulent potting giveaway with the Student Union Board
- Wed 9/6: Meet the Office & Giveaways with Health Professions Advising Center
- Wed 9/6: Meet the Program with the Cornell Academic Materials Program
- Thu 9/7: Love Your Body Campaign with Big Red Rec
- Thu 9/7: Get ready for Homecoming & Spirit Week! with Alumni Affairs - Student Programs.
- Fri 9/8: Pet Therapy! with @TeamFranzesePups: Ranger, Numa, and Zooks!
- Fri 9/8: Music & Meet the Club with MCFAB - Multicultural Community-Fueled Activities Board
Are you looking to connect with or join one of Cornell's 900+ student organizations? Are you part of an organization looking to spread the word? ClubFest will be held on Sunday September 10 on the Arts Quad.
Archived: Past Weeks of Welcome Highlighted Events
Stop by the Straight!
Week one (8/22-8/26)
Mon 8/22 - Sorority & Fraternity Life
- Tue 8/23 - Cornell Concert Commission
- Wed 8/24 - Club SportsFest (1:30-4pm)
- Thu 8/25 - Cornell University Program Board & Cornell Cinema
- Fri 8/26 - Ithaca Paws therapy dogs (until 2:15pm)
Week two (8/29-9/2)
- Mon 8/29 - Cornell Career Services
- Tue 8/30 - Johnson Museum of Art
- Wed 8/31 - Einhorn Center for Community Engagement
- Thu 9/1 - Ithaca Paws therapy dogs (until 2:15pm) and Cornell Cinema
- Fri 9/2 - Tatkon Center for New Students & the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards
Week three (9/5-9/9)
- Mon 9/5 - Labor Day - no classes!
- Tue 9/6 - Campus Activities' Leadership Workshop Series
- Wed 9/7 - Diversity & Inclusion Offices and Student Support & Advocacy Services
- Thu 9/8 - Johnson Museum of Art, Big Red Recreation - Love Your Body Campaign, and Cornell Cinema
- Fri 9/9 - Ithaca Paws therapy dogs (until 2:15pm)
Weeks of Welcome (8/22-9/11)
Join Cornell University Program Board & Orientation Steering Committee for a welcome back comedy show featuring Preacher Lawson! He'll be performing stand up on Saturday, August 20th at 7pm in Statler Hall for FREE! Opener to be announced shortly. Get your free ticket at the CampusGroups link above.
Postponed to Homecoming Week! Click the link above for additional info!
Join us for a class year tradition on Friday August 26 4-6pm! Your classmates and you will take your official class photo in formation (spelling out 2026 in classmates). Become a part of Cornell history! Free blanket give-away and free Cornell Dairy ice cream and soft baked pretzels. Class of 2026 only!
Bring your friends, hoodies, and blankets to the Arts Quad each Thursday in September for a movie under the stars! Here is the fall semester line up:
Seats open at 7:30pm, film starts at 8pm!
Thu 9/1 - Luca (2021)
Thu 9/8 - Jurassic World: Dominion (2021)
Thu 9/15 - Jordan Peele's Us (2020)
- Thu 9/22 - Hocus Pocus (1993)
Join Cornell Concert Commission for a welcome back FREE show on the Arts Quad Sunday, August 28 7pm with Claire Rosinkranz and special guest Izzy Heltai! To reserve your ticket, see below.
Claire Rosinkranz first made her mark in 2020 with the independent release of “Backyard Boy.” The song initially exploded on TikTok and went on to become a breakout viral hit, accumulating over one billion total streams, going gold, and receiving widespread acclaim from outlets like The New York Times and Billboard who both named it among “The Best Songs of 2020.” The young artist’s debut EP BeVerly Hills BoYfRiend quickly followed via her signing with slowplay/Republic. In 2021, Claire released her 6 Of A Billion EP, which amassed 231 million global streams and saw her launch a sold-out tour. Continuing the momentum, she kicked off 2022 with the release of a series of singles. “don’t miss me” eclipsed 60 million cumulative streams in addition to fueling 62K TikTok creates. Meanwhile, “i h8 that i still feel bad for u” dropped to rave reviews from Billboard and more. Claire notably received a nomination in the category of “Social Star” at the 2022 iHeartRadio Music Awards. With more music on the horizon, Claire continues to push herself and alternative pop forward on her own terms.
CU Tonight is presenting FREE escape rooms Friday, September 9th 8-10pm in Willard Straight Hall 519! Create a team of up to 6 people and see if you can escape! Each session has a time limit of 30 minutes so no need to stay the whole two hours. We hope to see you there!
Join the Tatkon Center for New Students and Ithaca Downtown Alliance Saturday September 10 12-5pm for an afternoon intended to welcome new and returning students to Ithaca. Explore downtown Ithaca and see student performances starting at 1pm and continuing throughout the afternoon. Take advantage of special student discounts and activities at retail stores and participate in the scavenger hunt.
Free TCAT bus shuttles will run from North Campus to the commons all afternoon. Residence halls will be organizing walking and bus groups to help you find your way. There will be free apple cider and donuts for the first 1,000 attendees.
This event is organized by the Tatkon Center for New Students, in partnership with the Ithaca Downtown Alliance, TCAT, Campus Activities and Off-Campus Living.
Are you looking to connect with or join one of Cornell's 900+ student organizations? Are you part of an organization looking to spread the word?
ClubFest will be held on Sunday September 11 on the Arts Quad. Additional details will be shared mid-August.
Cornell Cinema is an integral part of the fabric of campus life at Cornell and is located in Willard Straight Hall. As a leading campus film exhibition programs in the country, Cornell Cinema provides access to a host of classic Hollywood and foreign films, documentaries, silent films, cult classics, experimental work, and recent Hollywood and arthouse hits.
Weeks of Welcome (WOW) is organized by the Campus Activities Office. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.