Facilities Event Support
Events that occur either on University grounds or in campus buildings usually require assistance from Facilities and Campus Services. From stage rentals to custodial coverage, Facilities and Campus Services is here to help provide and/or coordinate your logistical needs.
The Facilities Event Office is responsible for working with event planners to determine how FCS can help make functions held on the Ithaca campus safe and successful. We offer a single point of contact, who will take the time to learn about your event and suggest resources and services. We can advise you on Cornell policies, fire and safety resources, and important steps to a successful event, including placing work requests for services.
- Arranging existing furniture or procuring specialty items
- Electrical hookup and onsite electrician
- Interior or exterior clean up before, during, and after an event
- Interior or exterior wayfinding signage creation and placement
- Permits for stages and tents (if needed)
- Pickup/delivery services
- Promotional material placement (banners, light pole signage)
- Recycling and sustainable refuse removal
- Short term storage
- Tent site preparation, including underground utility discovery and lawn maintenance
- Venue location assistance, set up consultation and diagram creation
- Weight load determination
Event Rentals / Equipment:
- Coat racks with hangers
- Flags (U.S., N.Y.S., C.U.)
- Parking cones
- Podiums (open or closed)
- Pop-up tents (10x10)
- Portable sound system
Red metal folding chairs
- Stanchions (PVC, wood, or chrome)
- Tables (6ft. rectangular)
- Trash and recycling receptacles
- Two way radios
To request services or support for your event, complete the on-line request form.
We ask that you allow us at least four weeks advance notice if you are requesting an estimate for your event. Work requests should be created two weeks prior to the event so we are able to provide the best possible service for your function.