This workshop series helps understand the role of the advisor and maximize their groups' experiences. Each workshop is geared towards a different topic to inform ways that student organizations can grow and develop. Additionally, workshop topics relate to the advisor's role and provides professional development opportunities to connect with others around the University.
Purchasing and Budgeting
Learn how to help your Student Organizations obtain funding from various sources on Campus and the proper way to spend it once it’s been allocated.
- Monday September 27 | 5-6pm EST Virtual Click here to register.
- Presented by Johnathan Hart, SCL Business Service Center
Branding, Marketing, Promotions Workshop for Student Leader and Advisors
The goal of any branding marketing workshop is to help identify and create a brand that best reflects an organization’s vision and values. Come dive deeper into how your organization can develop a successful brand image that connects and resonates with others.
Thursday September 30 | 5-6pm EST Virtual Click here to register.
- Presented by Amy Gaulke, Associate Director of Marketing & Communications, SCL and Kyle Schillace, Associate Director, Campus Activities.
Sustainable Events Workshop for Students Leaders and Advisors
Learn practical ways to make your organization’s events more sustainable, from concept to clean-up. Gain firsthand experience using guides and decision-making tools designed to make any campus event more sustainable. Walk away with an action plan to jumpstart your organization’s sustainability practices, ranging from purchasing food to managing waste, advertising, transportation, giveaways, and more.
Thursday October 7 | 5-6:30pm EST Virtual Click here to register.
- Monday October 18 | 6-7:30pm EST Virtual Click here to register.
- Presented by Kimberly Barth Anderson, Cornell University Campus Sustainability Office
Program and Event Planning Workshop for Students Leaders and Advisors
Does your group plan on holding events on campus this year? Come hear about how your organization can hold successful events, including learning about: how to find the best location for your event (and how to request that location); resources that are available to you and your group; how to sell tickets for your event, or collect money; how to safely have food at your event; what safety & security procedures you must follow; and how your group may use Cornell’s name, logo and artwork correctly.
Monday October 18 | 6-7:30pm EST Virtual Click here to register.
- Presented by Joseph Scaffido, Director of Campus Events, Conference & Event Services
Navigating Difficult Conversations for Advisors
Conflict is unavoidable! This workshop will help advisors learn how to mediate difficult conversations in the organization so that they can help students move forward productively when there is a disagreement between group members.
Thursday October 28 | 6:30-7:30pm EST Virtual Click here to register.
- Monday November 15 | 7-8:30pm EST In-person Willard Straight Hall Garden Room (second floor). Click here to register.
- Presented by Jamie Hom, Assistant Director, New Student Programs
Are you SMART with your goals? for Student Leaders and Advisors
This interactive workshop will provide participants with the SMART framework for setting goals, measuring success, and staying motivated. This is an easy to use tool that can be utilized for organizational, personal, and professional goal setting.
- Thursday November 4 | 6-7pm EST Virtual Click here to register.
- Presented by Perdita Das-Humphrey, Assistant Dean, Hans Bethe House