Virtual Engagement for Students
Looking for fun virtual engagement activities for your student organization? Need a break from online classes? A few moments to de-stress?
Take a few minutes and explore the below resources compiled by your Campus Activities office.
(DVM student Sophie Trowbridge '17 leads a yoga class with fellow students and their dogs.)
Virtual Cornell Events
- Check the CampusGroups Calendar of Events for many events happening by student organizations, departments, and offices! It will be constantly updating as groups add their events.
- Follow @CU_CampusActivites on Instagram -- we are spotlighting student orgs and past events, as well as advertising virtual events!
Using Zoom to hang out with friends or meet with your club? Make sure you log in through Cornell's Zoom page so you can access all the features. You can also add a Cornell Zoom background to your next meeting!
Cornell Chimes -- listen online!
Follow @CornellStudentLife on Instagram
Follow this very cute Instagram account: @dogs_of_Cornell
Health and Wellness
- Meditation and calming music
- At home health and fitness videos
- Calming aquarium videos
Virtual Community Service
Virtual service is a type of volunteerism that allows you to share your time and talents as members through service away from any physical site of an organization or project. Description and below list adapted from Alpha Phi Omega Nationals and the APO Gamma Chapter.
Be My Eyes: Be of service to those who are visually impaired through FaceTime
- Charity Miles: Earn money for the charity of your choice by walking
- School in the Cloud: provide guidance and inspiration for children abroad
- Free rice: Answer questions to donate rice to people in need
Be sure to connect with the Public Service Center at Cornell for more ways of engaging with virtual service.
- Weekly, drop-in office hours and other resources from the Asian and Asian American Center
Professional Development and Networking
CUeLinks: A university-wide online networking platform where community members can connect with the people and resources they need to achieve their academic, career, and personal goals. Knowledge seekers (students) can connect with knowledge sharers (alumni or peers) to share information, such as:
Music, Concerts, and Documentaries
This list provided by the Cornell Concert Commission (CCC) and Slope Day Programming Board (SDPB).
Justin Timberlake - Justin Timberlake and the Tennessee Kids
- Beyonce - Homecoming
- Taylor Swift - Reputation Tour
- Taylor Swift - Miss Americana
- Once in a Lifetime Sessions with George Ezra, One Republic, etc.
- Steve Aoki - I’ll Sleep When I’m Dead
- Travis Scott - Look Mom I Can Fly
Entertainment and Creative Arts
- Coloring books depicting over 100 museums art collections
- Online art classes (15-20 minute sessions)
- 15 Broadway plays and musicals you can watch from home
- Already have Netflix? If so you can enjoy movies with friends/family anywhere with Netflix Party
Educational, Travel, and Exploration
- Explore 12 different famous museums like Guggenheim, National Gallery Art, and more!
- Interactive National Constitution Center
- Discover the world by visiting the Blarney Castle, Cliffs of Moher, Hawai'i Volcanoes National Parks, and more
If you are a Cornell community member (student, staff, or faculty) with a new resource to add, please email email@example.com with your suggestion.