Cornell Dining online service outage January 10th-12th
We're looking forward to welcoming everyone back to campus for the Spring 2023 semester. If you're already on campus or returning early, we want to make you aware of a planned software upgrade that will result in an outage for some of our online services.
Meal plan dining begins with lunch on Tuesday, January 17th, and that's when our residential dining rooms will begin to reopen for the semester. Before that, we have several cafes open reduced hours.
Note that most of our eateries are closed on Friday, January 13th for our annual All Staff Training day! Plan ahead and check what'll be open. We'll have just a few eateries open Monday, January 16th when Cornell observes the Martin Luther King Jr. Day holiday. Check Cornell Dining Now to see what's open when near you.
Outage January 10th - 12th: The SSIT team and our partners at CBORD are planning a software upgrade to the servers that handle many behind-the-scenes aspects of Cornell Dining, and some of our online services will be entirely unavailable on those days. If you're going to be on campus and want to dine with us, here's what you need to know:
- You won't be able to add to your Big Red Bucks or MealChoice accounts or check your balances. Feel free to check your balance and add funds as necessary before January 10th or after the 12th using the GET app or web site.
- During the outage, you WILL be able to pay for food and drinks at our eateries with BRBs or MealChoice, or with major credit cards. Discounts that apply to MealChoice and grad student meal plans will be applied to any charges after the outage.
- Vending machines will only accept credit card or cash during the outage.
- The GET app and web site will be unavailable, so you won't be able to order food and drink online or check your balances.
- The GET MyCard feature that lets you scan a barcode won't be available. You'll need to pull out your physical card!
- City Bucks merchants won't be able to take City Bucks payments at participating restaurants and stores, but you'll be able to pay with a credit card or cash at these businesses.
- Online meal plan enrollment won't be available during the outage. You're welcome to enroll in your spring semester meal plan by the 9th, or after the outage.
The Cornell Food Pantry is reopening for the semester on January 10th! They'll be able to operate despite the outage.
- More about the Cornell Food Pantry
About Cornell Dining
Cornell Dining is consistently ranked in the Princeton Review's top ten for best campus food among all colleges and universities in the country! That high rating comes from customer surveys, and reflects Cornell Dining's commitment to serving high-quality foods that are healthy and creatively prepared with genuine care for a diverse community. Cornell Dining operates about 30 on-campus eateries -- which include residential dining rooms, cafés, coffeehouses, food courts, and convenience stores -- and serves more than 23,000 meals a day to members of the Cornell community. For more information, visit dining.cornell.edu.