Campus Liaison Program
Liaison Program Overview and Goals
In 2019 Cornell Career Services launched a formalized liaison program. We recognize that each partnership is unique and we strive to adapt to each group or office. It is primarily designed for offices within SCL, but we are continually expanding. Our goals are:
- To better assist students by facilitating connections between offices and groups across campus.
- To increase awareness among students, staff, and faculty about what Cornell Career Services offers.
- To establish a more systematic, efficient, and collaborative approach for Cornell Career Services to interact with colleagues.
Sample Partnering Ideas
- Sharing resources (handouts, electronic websites) or an overview of Cornell Career Services.
- Cross-promoting events.
- Providing training or consultation regarding student employees’ career development.
- Tailoring programming or resources (e.g., resumes, Strengths, Translating YOUR job).
- Co-hosting a relevant panel or workshop.
- Assessing career development needs of students and/or staff.
- Football Networking Event - March 2020.
- Kessler Presidential Scholars Networking Workshop.
- Cornell Defender Program - Summer 2020.
- Strengths workshop for Dining Managers - January 2020.
- Strengths workshop for New Students - February 2020.
- Career Readiness workshop for Tutors at Learning Strategies Center - January 2020.
- Drop-ins with Student Disability Services - Summer 2020.
- Drop-ins with LGBT+ Resource Center - Summer and Fall 2020.
- Merck Inclusion Panel with Student Disability Services - February 2020.
- Impostor Phenomenon workshop for Chai and Chat - September 2020.
- NACE Career Readiness Competencies presentation for Cornell Store Orientation - February 2020.
Request a workshop.
If you are interested in collaborating, contact Jessamyn Perlus at email@example.com.
See our Staff page for contact information for each liaison.
Alumni Affairs - Heather Fortenberry
Asian & Asian-American Center (A3C) - Caleb Yu
- Campus Activities - Jessamyn Perlus
- Center for Teaching Innovation - Chelsea Rule
- Cornell Athletics - Heather Fortenberry
- Cornell Cooperative Extension - Mia Ferraina
- Cornell Outdoor Education - Mia Ferraina
- Cornell Store - Kristine Goggan
- Cornell United Religious Work - Caleb Yu
- Counseling and Psych Services - Jessamyn Perlus
- Dining - Heather Fortenberry
- Engaged Cornell Hub - Mia Ferraina
- Entrepreneurship - Sam Carney
- First Generation & Low Income Student Support - Heather Fortenberry
- Graduate School - Caleb Yu
- Law School - Greg Foster
- LGBT+ Resource Center - Craig Jones
- New Student Programs - Heather Fortenberry
- OADI Office of Academic Diversity Initiatives - Heather Fortenberry
- Off-Campus Living (including Co-Ops) - Doug Lockwood
- Office of Alumni Affairs - Heather Fortenberry & Jessamyn Perlus
- Office of Global Learning - Caleb Yu
- Office of Internal Transfer and Concurrent Degrees - Heather Fortenberry
- Office of Undergraduate Biology - Chelsea Rule
- Public Service Center - Mia Ferraina
- Residential Programs - Mia Ferraina
- Skorton Center for Health Initiatives - Jessamyn Perlus
- Sorority and Fraternity Life - Mia Ferraina
- Staff Professional Development - Craig Jones
- Student Disability Services - Craig Jones
- Student Employment - Mia Ferraina
- Tatkon Center for First-Year Students - Heather Fortenberry
- Undergraduate Admissions at Cornell - Heather Fortenberry
- Undergraduate Research - Chelsea Rule
- Undocumented/DACA Support - Greg Foster
- Veteran Resource Team and Cornell Undergrad Veterans Association - Greg Foster
- Visitor Relations - Heather Fortenberry
- West Campus House System - Craig Jones
- Women's Resource Center - Jessamyn Perlus
(Updated March 4, 2021)