Campus Liaison Program
Liaison Program Overview and Goals
In 2019 Cornell Career Services launched a formalized liaison program. We recognize that each partnership is unique and we strive to adapt to each group or office. It is primarily designed for offices within SCL, but we are continually expanding. Our goals are:
- To facilitate connections for students with offices and groups across campus.
- To increase awareness among students, staff, and faculty about what Cornell Career Services offers.
- To establish a more systematic, efficient, and collaborative approach for Cornell Career Services to interact with colleagues.
Sample Partnering Ideas
- Sharing resources (handouts, websites. etc.) or presenting an overview of Cornell Career Services.
- Cross-promoting events.
- Providing training or consultation regarding student employees’ career development.
- Tailoring programming or resources (e.g., Resumes, Strengths, Translating YOUR Job).
- Co-hosting a relevant panel or workshop.
- Assessing career development needs of students and/or staff.
- Career Readiness workshop for Tutors at Learning Strategies Center - January 2020
- Strengths workshop for New Students - February 2020
- NACE Career Readiness Competencies presentation for Cornell Store Orientation - February 2020
- Merck Inclusion panel with Student Disability Services - February 2020
- Football Networking Event - March 2020
- Overview of Career Services for Transfer Students - January 2021
- Impostor Phenomenon: Empowerment Through Vulnerability - Multicultural Student Leadership and Empowerment - March 2021
- Job Search, Transferable Skills, & Networking for Veterans - March 2021
- No, One Size Does Not Fit All presentation with Women's Resource Center - March 2021
- Pre-Health Advising Recent Trends and COVID Considerations with Office of Undergraduate Biology - April 2021
- Career Readiness and Transferable Skills for Dining - April 2021
- Monthly International Student chats - Fall 2020, Spring 2021
- Networking for Kessler Presidential Scholars - September 2021
- LimeConnect panel with Student Disability Services - October 2021
- Etiquette dinner for students with Asian & Asian-American Center (A3C) and First-Generation & Low-Income Student Support - November 2021
- Cornell Defender Program - Summer 2020, 2021, 2022
- Monthly Graduate Student chats - ongoing
- Career Readiness Workshop with Football - March 2022
- Career Development Toolkit presentation for Dean of Students staff - Spring 2022
- Purpose & Paychecks: Navigating a Career in Public Service - March 2022
- LGBT+ Resource Center social media takeover - March 2022
- Strong Interest Inventory for Student Veterans - July 2022
Request a workshop.
If you are interested in collaborating, contact Jessamyn Perlus at email@example.com.
See our Staff page for contact information for each liaison.
Asian & Asian-American Center (A3C) - Erica Ford
- Campus Activities - Jessamyn Perlus
- Center for Teaching Innovation - Erica Kryst
- Cornell Athletics - Heather Fortenberry
- Cornell Cooperative Extension - Mia Ferraina
- Cornell Commitment - Heather Fortenberry
- Cornell Outdoor Education - Mia Ferraina
- Cornell Store - Kristine Goggan
- Cornell United Religious Work - Erica Ford
- Counseling and Psych Services - Jessamyn Perlus
- David M. Einhorn Center for Community Engagement - Mia Ferraina
- Dining - Heather Fortenberry
- Entrepreneurship - Currently Vacant
- First Generation & Low Income Student Support - Heather Fortenberry
- Graduate School - Jessamyn Perlus
- Health Professions Advising Center (HPAC) - Jessamyn Perlus
- Learning Strategies Center - Kim Swartz
- Law School - Alex Jablonski
- LGBT+ Resource Center - Mia Ferraina
- OADI Office of Academic Diversity Initiatives - Heather Fortenberry
- Off-Campus Living (including Co-Ops) - Kayleigh Bermudez
- Office of Alumni Affairs - Heather Fortenberry & Jessamyn Perlus
- Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards - Alex Jablonski
- Office of Global Learning - Jessamyn Perlus
- Office of Undergraduate Biology - Jessamyn Perlus
- Parent & Family Programs - Erica Kryst
- Housing & Residential Life - Mia Ferraina
- Skorton Center for Health Initiatives - Jessamyn Perlus
- Sorority and Fraternity Life - Jessamyn Perlus (temp)
- Student Disability Services - Cassidy Rourke
- Student Employment - Mia Ferraina
- Tatkon Center for New Students - Heather Fortenberry
- Undergraduate Admissions at Cornell - Heather Fortenberry
- Undergraduate Research - Jessamyn Perlus
- Undocumented/DACA Support - Alex Jablonski
- Veteran Resource Team and Cornell Undergrad Veterans Association - Alex Jablonski
- Visitor Relations - Heather Fortenberry
- West Campus House System - Heather Fortenberry
- Women's Resource Center - Jessamyn Perlus (temp)
(Updated January 23, 2023)