Cornell Pool Rules (Policies)
- DO NOT enter the water unless a guard is on deck.
- All persons must take a shower before entering the pool enclosure.
- Proper swim attire is required. No street clothes, unless deemed appropriate for religious reasons. Swimming in underwear, compression shorts, sports bras, thongs or see through suits are prohibited.
- You must have a swim tag visible to lifeguards.
- Spitting, spouting water, blowing the nose, or discharging bodily waste in the pool is strictly prohibited.
- Persons having open wounds, sores, etc. are advised not to use the pool.
- All patrons displaying signs and symptoms of a communicable disease, which can be transmitted through normal swimming, shall not be allowed in the pool.
- Glass containers, sharp objects and any other items which might cause injury or accidents are not allowed in the pool or pool area.
- Gum and Band-Aids must be deposited in the trash before entering the water.
- Lap swim is for continuous swimming. Please be considerate of others in the lane. Please circle swim when more than one individual is utilizing that lane.
- Starting blocks and diving boards can ONLY be used for Varsity practices or PE classes; no club use!
- Cornell PE & Wellness equipment can be used by authorized personnel or authorized groups only.
- No hanging on lane lines, ropes or ladders.
- No running on the deck.
- No pushing, shoving, horseplay or inappropriate behavior is allowed.
- No diving in the shallow end of the pool.
- Back dives and flips from the edge are not allowed.
- Hypoxic training or breath holding is strictly prohibited.
- Individuals who cannot swim are only allowed in the shallow end.
- Only service animals permitted in the pool area, all other pets are not allowed.
*Please obey all lifeguard instructions; failure to do so may result in patron being asked to leave.
**One long whistle blast may signal an emergency. Exit the pool immediately and look to the lifeguard for further instruction