Across Program Area Documents
Sharing Information With Us
- Add to the COE Story Archive
- Make an Instructor Profile for the Web
- Upload Your COE Photos!
COE Manual - see program area specific manuals below
COE Van Driving
- Instructor Job Description- Want to know what is required for COE Instructors? This page has all the information you need about instructor responsibilities.
- Expectations and Benefits of PE program staff
Instructor Development Fund
- IDF Application-We provide funding for instructor development! To apply, simply complete this form and send it to MH45@cornell.edu
- IDF Post-Trip Learning Report
LEAD 1960 - Get Academic Credit for COE Involvement
General info on LEAD 1960 - Learn more about how Odyssey Guides, PE Instructors and CTLC Facilitators can earn credit for working with COE!
COE Career Mentoring Support
Teambuilding and Group Facilitation
- The Experiential Learning Cycle- How does experiential learning happen in a PE class and how can you plan your class to support student growth?
- Stages of team development- If you're working with a group of people, your team is going to go through different stages as they get to know each other and work towards challenges. Learn more about what that looks like and how to support the team that you're cultivating!
- Facilitation techniques- Learn to facilitate an amazing and powerful experience for your students.
- Activities for great facilitation- These are a few excellent tools you can use in PE classes or ropes course programs to facilitate a meaningful experience.
- GRABBS Modality- Understand how to be intentional with the activities that you choose and the challenges that you give your group.
- How to give feedback- When working with co-instructors, feedback is essential to growth and development. Learn more here!
- Debriefing- How to design a debriefing session after a program or PE course
General Course Folder Documents
- Tree Climbing Staff Manual -Quite out of date at the moment, but has some useful stuff, still!
- BC Cooking - Standard Issue
- BC Photo - Standard Issue
- BPFL - Standard Issue
- Day Hiking - Standard Issue
- Introduction to Camping - Standard Issue
- Winter Camping - Standard Issue
- Fall Break Backpacking - Standard Issue
- Geocaching - Standard Issue
- Outdoor Yoga - Standard Issue
- Wilderness Survival Skills - Standard Issue
- Stand Up Paddleboarding Course Planning
- Canoeing Course Planning
- Whitewater Kayaking Course Planning
- Pool Paddling Course Planning
- Sea Kayaking Course Planning
Skiing and Snow Sports
- XC Skiing Staff Manual-
- XC Skiing Course Planning Materials-
- Telemark Skiing Course Planning Documents-
- Where to go Snowshoeing-
- Snowshoe Course Planning Guide-
Wilderness First Aid / First Responder
Looking for a Standard Issue Form for a class that you are teaching?
Standard Issue Forms can be found in the blue box under the appropriate program area.
If the form that you are looking for is not here, please contact the Outfitting Wizards at email@example.com