Deadlines & Terms
Students, faculty, staff, and retirees may sign up for a meal plan at any time. Student meal plans are valid for the entire academic year and become binding when you sign the Dining Application. Students living in on-campus housing are required to have a meal plan.
Current undergraduate students
September 6, 2023 - last day to reduce your meal plan for the fall 2023 semester or to cancel for the academic year for those who are eligible. To make changes to your meal plan, go to the Meal Plan Application page.
- February 7, 2024 - last day to reduce a meal plan for the spring 2024 semester for those who are eligible
- NOTE: Residents of Alice Cook House, Carl Becker House, Hans Bethe House, William Keeton House, or Flora Rose House cannot cancel their House meal plans. Students joining fraternities and sororities may not cancel their meal plans.
- First-year students may not reduce or cancel meal plans. Transfer students and juniors living on campus may reduce from the Unlimited meal plan to the Bear Traditional meal plan by the published deadlines.
- Students who join a fraternity or sorority may reduce their meal plans by the spring semester deadline of February 7, 2024 to the Bear Supplemental meal plan.
- May 24, 2024 - last day to use BRBs for the spring 2024 semester before they expire.
You'll find important reminders of upcoming dates and deadlines on the Events page.
2023-2024 Meal Plan Terms & Conditions
A non-refundable administrative fee is charged once each academic year upon enrollment in most meal plans.