Modification of Requirement
Requesting a modification:
- For students seeking a modification of the Swim Requirement, they must make their request through Student Disability Services before any substitution, adaptation, or postponement will be considered.
- When meeting with SDS, please review their documentation guidelines to understand what documentation they require. The Physical Education Office will adapt the swim requirement to the individual needs of a student with a disability whenever possible.
- Complete the online Disability Self-Disclosure and Request for Access Accommodations Form.
- Please Note: Part of the disability accommodation determination process may result in you and an SDS representative meeting with PE staff to discuss reasonable modifications.
- If modifications do not prove an effective means for meeting the swim requirement, PE will advise on the next steps to satisfy the swim requirement.