Outcomes relate directly to the mission, vision, and values of the program or organization.
- Inform stakeholders by answering the question WHY:
- Why is this program unique?
- Why do I need this experience?
- Why should I visit this office?
- Give direction to a group engaged in a joint endeavor
- Provide an agreement between you and your stakeholders
- Provide direction for obtaining evidence of results
Combining learning and program outcomes in a program assessment provides a more complete picture of your work. You can describe what you did as well as the impact your work had on students/stakeholders. Knowing all of this information, will help you evaluate the effectiveness of your programs and services and make decisions about improvements that will support the student/stakeholder learning experience as well as consider the resources required to continue the important work you are doing.
Program outcomes examine what a program or process is to do, achieve, or accomplish for its own improvement and/or in support of institutional or divisional goals: generally numbers, needs, or satisfaction driven.