Skip to main content

Cornell University

Reserve Space in a Community Center

Please note that many services and rooms in the Community Centers and Willard Straight Hall have been taken off-line during the pandemic. Any rooms that are available for use can be reserved through Cornell's Chatter system.

Student Organizations:

Student organizations may request use of a room or space in one of the community centers for events or meetings. Please refer to the Student Guide to Reserving Space (PDF, requires Adobe Reader or other PDF viewer software) for guidelines about submitting requests, scheduling repeating meetings, additional setup fees that might apply for your event, audio-visual equipment rentals, food and beverage policies, cancellation fees, and other important information.

Reserving Space

Access to classroom and event space is provided to support mission-driven activities of the institution. Cornell University has developed policies and procedures designed to promote understanding of the conditions under which an internal Cornell group or unit may reserve space on campus for non-class activities. Below are links to various policies and procedures, along with information on how to reserve spaces on campus.

Space Reservations - General information about reserving space on campus

Access to Space for Events - Includes Policy approved by the Space Use Advisory Committee 

Reservation Contact Information - Contact and/or reservation information for campus buildings/spaces


Robert Purcell, Appel Commons, Willard Straight Hall:

Noyes Community Recreation Center:

Hasbrouck Community Center:

Faculty and Staff:

Faculty and staff members may request use of a room through the Office of the University Registrar's Resource 25 system.