William Keeton House
William Keeton House, Ithaca, NY 14850
William Keeton House is a part of the West Campus House System, a faculty-led community for upperlevel students on Cornell's west campus.
The building has residential rooms and suites, apartments for the House Professor-Dean and Assistant Dean and their families, and a House Office, dining room, library, and other common spaces.
For more information about the Keeton House Community, visit the Keeton House website. For more information about the West Campus community, visit the West Campus House System website.
- Open to transfer and upperlevel students
- 300+ residents (approximately 65% sophomores, 25% juniors, and 10% seniors, with about 15% of the total population being transfer students)
- A House Office, dining room, library, TV lounge, and laundry facilities
- Single and double rooms along hallways with shared bathrooms, plus 37 four- to ten-person suites, each with its own bathroom and sitting room
- Bedrooms contain, for each occupant: an extra-long twin bed, a closet and a bureau (or wardrobe/bureau combination), a desk and desk chair, a desk lamp, a wastebasket, and floor carpeting
- Wireless Internet Access
William Keeton House rooms do not have air conditioning.
Steve Jackson, Associate Professor and Director of Graduate Studies in the Department of Information Science, is Keeton House's House Professor-Dean. He lives in the house with his family and helps to lead the community.
Keeton House also has approximately 30 House Fellows who are associated with the community and interact with residents regularly.
Housing Population Type