Carl Becker House
Carl Becker House, Ithaca, NY 14850
Carl Becker House is a part of the West Campus House System, a faculty-led community for upperlevel students on Cornell's west campus.
The building has residential rooms and suites, apartments for the House Professor-Dean and Assistant Dean and their families, and a House Office, dining room, library, and other common spaces.
For more information about the Becker House Community, visit the Becker House website. For more information about the West Campus community, visit the West Campus House System website.
- Open to transfer and upperlevel students
- 350+ residents (approximately 65% sophomores, 25% juniors, and 10% seniors, with about 15% of the total population being transfer students)
- A House Office, dining room, library, TV lounge, and laundry facilities
- Single and double rooms along hallways with shared bathrooms, plus 45 five- to six-person suites, each with its own bathroom and sitting room
- Bedrooms contain, for each occupant: an extra-long twin bed, a closet and a bureau (or a wardrobe/bureau combination), a desk and a desk chair, a desk lamp, a wastebasket, and floor carpeting
- Wireless Internet Access
- Carl Becker House rooms have manually controlled air conditioning.
Associate Professor of City & Regional Planning Dr. Neema Kudva is Becker House's House Professor-Dean. She lives in the house with family and helps to lead the community.
Becker House also has approximately 30 House Fellows who are associated with the community and interact with residents regularly.
Housing Population Type