Sheldon Court, Ithaca, NY 14850
Sheldon Court is located next to the Schwartz Center for the Performing Arts in Collegetown, one of the most exciting and festive parts of Cornell's campus. Just steps away are popular restaurants, coffee shops, stores, and social gathering spots. Originally built as a privately owned residence for students in the Italianate style, Sheldon Court is an early example of student housing on a scale well beyond the boarding houses that were already becoming popular near campus.
South Campus residence halls enjoy close proximity to the intellectual, cultural, and culinary perks of West Campus, while maintaining their own unique character and independence. Special programming and activities abound, offering lots of opportunities for social interaction.
- Open to transfer and upperlevel students
- 164 residents
- Located in Collegetown
- Single and double rooms arranged along a corridor; floors are mixed gender
- A TV/social lounge with a pool table, plus study lounges, kitchens, laundry facilities, and a piano room
- Bedrooms contain, for each occupant: an extra-long twin bed, a closet and a bureau (or wardrobe/bureau combination), a desk and desk chair, a desk lamp, a wastebasket, and floor carpeting
- Wireless Internet access
Sheldon Court rooms do not have air conditioning.
South College Residence Halls have a number of Faculty and Community Fellows that provide students with opportunities to explore and cultivate their academic, intellectual, and cultural interests. You will find them attending events in your building, eating with students, and leading on and off campus trips to lectures, plays, films, concerts, and regional points of interest.
- Sign up for one of Cornell Dining's four traditional Meal Plan Options if you plan to eat all or most meals on campus (includes Cornell Dining's dining rooms, West Campus Dining Rooms, and retail dining facilities)
- Sign up for the Flex 10/500 Plan or the Off-Campus Value Plan if you plan to eat a limited number of meals on campus (provides meals in Cornell Dining's dining rooms and West Campus Dining Rooms, plus tax-exempt Big Red Bucks to be used in any Cornell Dining facility)
- Use City Bucks for cashless food purchases if you plan to eat some or all meals at off-campus establishments (you may use City Bucks in addition to, or instead of, a meal plan or debit plan)
- Note that second-year students must maintain a Bear Unlimited or Bear Traditional meal plan as part of Cornell's two-year residence and dining requirement.
Learn about Cornell Dining's meal plans.
Questions? Contact us.