Veteran Program House
625 University Ave, Ithaca, NY 14850, USA
Having opened Fall 2021, in collaboration with the Cornell Undergraduate Veterans Association, this program house joins together the student-veteran community and civic-minded undergraduate and graduate students to live in a communal, co-ed environment. While the focus of the program house is to support Cornell’s Student-Veterans, having a diverse residential program will help foster an atmosphere that not only benefits veteran and civil service related students, but also creates greater awareness of Student-Veterans and the unique challenges they face.
The Veteran Program House also serves as a supportive community to further the success of the Cornell military-affiliated community at large. This community includes graduate and professional Student-Veterans, staff and faculty, as well as ROTC students who look to serve our nation upon graduation and would benefit from interacting with veterans who have "been there and done that."
- Transfer, Upperlevel, and graduate students
- 27 residents
- Located on West Campus, adjacent to Cook House Main
- Single rooms arranged in corridors and suites, with single-sex corridor bathrooms
- A community lounge, kitchen, and laundry on the basement level
- Bedrooms contain, for each occupant: a queen or XL twin bed, a closet and a bureau (or wardrobe/bureau combination), a desk and desk chair, a desk lamp, a wastebasket, recycle bin, and non-carpeted bedrooms floors
- Wireless Internet access
- Veteran Program House rooms do not have air conditioning
Housing Population Type
- Student veterans (undergraduate and graduate)
- ROTC students
- Non-Military Transfer & Upper Level Undergraduates, and those that have immediate family members in the military
- Students pursuing degrees related to government, policy, law, history, and political science: whom demonstrate having a vested interest in supporting veterans
How to apply for residency:
Application instructions and links can be found at Application Process: New Undergraduate Students and Application Process: Current Undergraduate Students. You will be asked to answer brief essay questions for each community to which you apply.
Learn about Cornell Dining's meal plans.