Language House, Ithaca, NY 14850
The Language House, part of the Alice Cook House community in the West Campus House System, is Cornell's language immersion residence.
Living in this unique living-learning community helps students become comfortably fluent in Arabic, French, German, Japanese, Mandarin, and Spanish.
For more information about the program, visit the Language House website.
NOTE: The Language House is not a traditional Program House. It is a part of the West Campus House System, and is only open to upper-level students for 2022-2023. However, starting in 2023-2024 year Language House will be in Toni Morrison Hall.
- Open to upper-level students
- 50+ residents
- Part of Alice Cook House in the West Campus House System
- Single and double rooms, with shared bathrooms
- TV room; large social lounge with pool table, pinball machine, foosball, and ping pong; piano; lobby with sitting and meeting areas; laundry; kitchen with pantry storage; and a study lounge
- Bedrooms contain, for each occupant: an extra-long twin bed, a closet and a bureau (or wardrobe/bureau combination), a desk and desk chair, a desk lamp, a wastebasket, and floor carpeting
- Wireless Internet access
Language House rooms do not have air conditioning.
To apply for residency: Visit the Language House Apply to Live Here page.
Residency in the West Campus House System - of which the Language House is part - includes a commitment to a House Meal Plan.
For more information, please refer to the Language House web site.
Housing Population Type