Soup & Hope
Join us for a virtual season of Soup & Hope
For more than a decade, dozens of Soup & Hope speakers have touched, inspired, motivated, and stirred the hearts of those who gather during the winter months at Sage Chapel. Stories come from a wide range of Cornell staff, faculty, students, alumni, and community members. They reflect diverse personal, cultural, religious, political, and philosophical beliefs and experiences. Each story is shared among friends and colleagues, over bowls of hot soup and bread.
This season, Soup & Hope will continue virtually on Zoom.
- 12:00 Heat up your soup and settle in
- 12:15 Talks begin
- 12:45 Optional community connection via Zoom
Talks are open to Cornell staff, faculty, students, and community members. We invite you to heat up your favorite soup and join us for six more talks from the comfort of your home or office.
2021 Series Lineup
Click on the links below to register for a talk. Learn more about each one of this season's speakers and download recipes for their favorite soup that you can make at home!
- February 4: Hei Hei Depew
- February 11: George P. Ferrari, Jr.
- February 25: Martin Stallone, MD
- March 11: Eric Acree
- March 25: Amaris Henderson '21
- April 8: Sarah Brylinsky
** view speaker bios**
Thank you to our Soup & Hope Planning Committee
- Christopher Lujan, Co-Chair - LGBT Resource Center
- Oliver Goodrich, Co-Chair - Office of Spirituality and Meaning-Making
- Jennifer E. Austin - Cornell Health
- Tracey Brant - Cornell Engineering, Kessler Fellows Program
- Karen M. Brigham - Cornell Health
- Kelly Chan - Academic Technologies
- Kristine DeLuca - Cornell Commitment
- Linda Falkson - University Ombudsman
- Linda Mikula - University Relations
- Doreen Silva - Cornell United Religious Work
- Karen Williams - Cornell Health
- Amanda Barrett Wittman - Office of Engagement Initiatives
- Victor Younger - School of Hotel Administration, Cornell College of Business
Co-Sponsors and Supporters
Soup & Hope is sponsored by the Office of Spirituality and Meaning-Making and Cornell United Religious Work, Cornell Dining, and Cornell Health. Additional support comes from Academic Technologies, the Office of Alumni Affairs, Cornell Commitment, Cornell Engineering, Kessler Fellows Program, Engaged Learning + Research, the Office of the Ombudsman, School of Hotel Administration, and University Relations.