Soup & Hope
Over the past 16 years, dozens of Soup & Hope speakers have touched, inspired, motivated, and stirred the hearts of those who gather over a series of lunch hours during the winter months at Sage Chapel. Stories have come from a wide range of Cornell staff, faculty, students, alumni, and community members. They reflect diverse personal, cultural, religious, political, and philosophical beliefs and experiences. Each story is shared among friends and colleagues, traditionally over bowls of hot soup and bread.
Soup & Hope takes place in person from NOON to 1PM at Sage Chapel.
Noon to 12:15: Gather and enjoy soup
- 12:15 Talks begins
- 12:45 Event concludes
Read about our speakers and their stories.
Make space for HOPE in the new year! Mark your calendar now for the following Thursdays, from Noon to 1PM:
January 12 - Mark T. Vallely
- January 26 - Lauren Free
- February 9 - Erin Sember-Chase
- February 23 - Alex Nik Pasqualini
- March 9 - Julie Paige
- March 23 - Karim-Aly S. Kassam
Print a poster (pdf)
Download a media screen (CU NetID required)
- Soup & Hope speaker series returns Jan. 12 (Cornell Chronicle, January 6, 2023 )
Soup & Hope Planning Committee
Joel Harter, Chair - Office of Spirituality and Meaning-Making
- Jennifer Austin - Cornell Health
- Kelly Chan - Center for Teaching Innovation
- Stephen D'Angelo - SCL Communications
- Kristine DeLuca - Cornell Commitment
- Ashley Fazio - Human Resources Communications
- Linda Falkson - University Ombudsman
- Toral Dhiru Patel - Human Resources Diversity and Inclusion
- Collins Peters - Office of Spirituality and Meaning-Making
- Kyle Schillace - Campus Activities
- Angela Yantorno - Graduate School
- Victor Younger - Cornell Nolan School of Hotel Administration, Cornell College of Business
Co-Sponsors and Supporters
Soup & Hope is sponsored by the Office of Spirituality and Meaning-Making and Cornell United Religious Work, Cornell Catering, and Cornell Health. Additional support comes from Academic Technologies, the Office of Alumni Affairs, Campus Activities, Cornell Commitment, Office of Engagement Initiatives, the Graduate School, Human Resources Work/Life, the Office of the Ombudsman, and the Cornell Nolan School of Hotel Administration.