Programs & Events with the LGBT Resource Center
Signature Programs & Annual Events
The LGBT Resource Center at Cornell provides a variety of signature programs to the campus community.
First Year Queer Peer
The First Year Queer Peer is an immersion program for LGBT & Ally first year and transfer students. The group is meant to assist students in their transition from high school to college and provide support through social, academic and excursion events. The members of the group coordinate their events each year based on group interest. If you will be joining us on campus, join us in building a stronger sense of community for LGBT and Ally first year students.
The First Year Queer Peer Group is an immersion program for LGBT & Ally first-year and transfer students. The group is meant to assist students in their transition from high school to college and provide support through social, academic and excursion events. The members of the group coordinate their events each year based on group interest. If you will be joining us on campus, join us in building a stronger sense of community for LGBT and Ally first-year students.
To sign up for the Fall 2018 Group, please register here.
LGBT Resource Center Internship and Volunteer Programs
Each year, the LGBT Resource Center hires students to serve as student interns and engages volunteers for the Center and the Cornell Community. The positions vary, but each provide students interested in justice related initiatives with practical applications of theory and assist the Center with moving new initiatives forward at Cornell.
Internship Application Information
The LGBT Resource Center will begin hiring interns for the 2018/2019 Academic year at the end of July. Check back for more information.
- Looking for an on-campus job? The Cornell LGBT Resource Center is NOW HIRING! Applications will be accepted until August 20th. See job descriptions and our application.
The LGBT Resource Center offers two types of volunteer opportunities.
- Office Team: Volunteers assist with the general operations of the LGBT Resource Center, greet visitors and help create opportunities for community engagement in the center.
- Event Team: Volunteers assist with set up and break down at events and programs hosted or co-hosted by the LGBT Resource Center. Event volunteers also assist with LGBT Resource Center Tabling at various resource events that help build visibility for the center.
If you are interested in volunteering, please complete the Volunteer Application form.
Lavender Graduation is an inspiring and affirming ceremony that celebrates the achievements of graduating students and alumni in the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning, intersex, and ally (LGBTQQIA) community from Cornell University. Lavender Graduation is our chance to celebrate the achievements of the past year and honor graduates from the LGBTQQIA community.
- LGBTQQIA: Annual Welcome Back Reception
- Bisexuality Awareness Day
- LGBTQ History Month & National Coming Out Day
- Transgender Day of Remembrance
- World AIDS Day
- LGBTQ Health Awareness Week
- Pride Month
- National Day of Silence
- Lavender Graduation