Opportunities for Faculty
As a Cornell faculty member, you play an important role in shaping students' career aspirations and directing them our offices for specific career support. You can also help enrich some of these services.
- Faculty members serve as on endorsement committees, mentor student applicants, and participate in practice interviews for students applying for prestigious fellowships. The University and the students assisted through these programs appreciate and value your participation.
- Employers are often interested in meeting with faculty members to learn more about current fields of study and to discuss trends and needs in the workplace. Please let us know if you're interested in meeting with employers, and we will help to facilitate these discussions.
- Are you curious where students from your department land after completing their undergraduate degrees? Check out the Cornell Outcomes Dashboard.
- You can encourage students to take the postgraduate survey each year so we have even more complete destinations.
- Did you know Handshake (our job search platform) can export custom RSS feeds (see sample on our site). If you or your department was a custom feed featuring certain keywords, students can easily find through this pre-filtered list and apply through Handshake.
- The National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) offers eight career readiness competencies. Meet with a career services representative to learn how to infuse this language into your syllabi to encourage students to articulate transferable skills.
- Schedule a 1:1 consultation with Career Services staff to learn more about collaboration opportunities (email firstname.lastname@example.org).
- We recommend the Career Development Toolkit - contact Dr. Perlus if you want to review it or include it as part of a class.
CCS staff are always eager to pursue new ways to reach students, and we would be happy to collaborate with you on ideas for programs or class presentations.