Lakeside Canoe and SUP Rentals
Rentals are over for summer 2020
We are sorry to say that rentals are done for the summer so we can transition to our Fall courses. If anything changes and we are able open back up, it will be posted here. Thanks to everyone who paddled with us!
During the summer of 2020, COE will be renting Stand Up Paddleboards (SUPs) and Canoes by the hour, on the shore of Cayuga Lake, next to the Merrill Family Sailing Center (but not through the center), adjacent to East Shore Park. We cannot take reservations, but we ususally have boats and boards available. Please be aware of our procedures and policies before you arrive.
Hours of Operation
Wednesday - Friday: Closed
Saturday - Sunday: Closed
Monday - Tuesday: Closed
* Last boats out at 6:00pm
* Overnight canoe rentals must be completed by 6:00pm
Location: 1000 East Shore Drive, Ithaca, NY. Parking at the Sailing Center is permissible for COE Rental participants. Rental hours are subject to change, based on the weather or wind. If winds are expected to exceed 10 mph during your rental, or storms are approaching, the rental station will close.
Policies and Procedures
- If you are experiencing symptoms consistent with COVID-19, or have been exposed to someone who has within the last 14 days, please do not come to the rental desk.
- Please arrive with extra time to wait in line, sign your waiver, make your payment, and get oriented for your experience.
- We ask that you wear a mask to protect our staff while you are completing your rental, and maintain at least 6' distance between parties.
- All participants must read and sign an assumption of risk and release of liability form prior to renting COE’s canoes or paddleboards. Children under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian complete their waiver on-site. We must have one form for each participant.
Please note: by signing the Release of Liability and Rental Agreement, renters agree to pay fees for damaged or lost gear.
- We can only accept Visa and Mastercard for payment.
- COE Staff will help you get fitted for your experience, and get you in the water, but cannot provide instruction. You will be fully responsible for yourself and for the gear.
- COE Staff can give instruction on securing the canoe to your car (for overnight rentals), but cannot load the canoe for you.
- COE Staff will be cleaning and disinfecting PFDs and gear between each use.
Paddling on Cayuga Lake has hazards, please prepare yourself accordingly. Prepare to get sun exposure, get your feet wet, and potentially swim. You will be fully responsible for yourself while on the water.
All participants will be required to wear appropriately sized Personal Flotation Devices (PFDs) at all times.
Stand Up Paddleboarders will be required to stay connected to their board with the supplied leash.
- Comfortable clothing and layers appropriate for the temperature, that can get wet (not cotton)
- Sunglasses (polarized are best for protection on the water)
- Sun hat
- Drinking water and Snacks (no food or drink is available for purchase)
- Dry bag for valuables
- Shoes or sandals that will get wet
|Stand Up Paddleboard, 1 hour||$25.00|
|Stand Up Paddleboard, 2 hour||$35.00|
|Stand Up Paddleboard, 4 hour||$45.00|
|Stand Up Paddleboard, All Day (weekend only)||$55.00|
|Canoe, 1 Hour||$35.00|
|Canoe, 2 Hour||$45.00|
|Canoe, 4 Hour||$55.00|
|Canoe, All Day (weekend only)||$65.00|
|Canoe Package, 1 Day||$30.00|
|Canoe Package, 2-3 Days||$60.00|
|Canoe Package, 4-7 Days||$90.00|