We offer opportunities for you to grow as a leader where you live, where you volunteer or work, or where you find connections with others. Make great things happen where it matters most to you.
Lead Where You Live
- Residence Hall Advisors (RAs) are experienced upper-level students who live in residence halls and help lead the community and mentor other students.
- Cooperative residences are independent and student-governed
- Graduate Resident Fellows (GRFs) are graduate students who live in West Campus Houses and give guidance in matters academic and intellectual.
Lead Where You Belong
- Student organizations number more than 1,000 and are as diverse as Cornell’s student body.
- Sorority & Fraternity Life centers around living the core principles of leadership, self-governance, integrity, and interpersonal competence.
Lead Where You Relax
- Community Centers on North and West Campus and the Willard Straight Hall Student Union are hubs of activity on campus.
Lead Where you Volunteer and Work
- Student jobs such as fitness instructors and monitors, and Cornell Dining staff, provide opportunities for growth and advancement.
- The Cornell Public Service Center provides opportunities for leadership engagement in the local community.
- Hundreds of students volunteer annually to welcome our newest students during Orientation. This experience provides opportunities to develop leadership and communication skills.