Club Sports and/or Physical Activity
Updated on 3/21/22
Sports Club activity will resume with in-person activities on February 7th, 2022.
Reserving space on campus
- Looking to reserve space for your club?
- Helen Newman, Teagle, or Noyes - Request space
- Ramin Room - Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your availability request
- Reis Tennis Center - Reserve court times
- Swimming Pools - individual/open swim time available
- Bowling Center - Reserve lanes
- Jessup Fields - Request field time
- Outdoor fields and venues may be accessible and will be available when the weather permits.
- Questions - email Scott Flickinger at email@example.com
- Lynah Rink - Public skating and ice rental information
- Sand Volleyball Courts (outside Dickson and Balch Hall) - email Brigitta A. Putnam at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Barton, Bartels, and Friedman Wrestling Center - email Matt Coats at email@example.com and Megan Ramey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Alumni Fields are not available.
- Rawlings Green is not available.
Finding space in the community
Club Sports has a history of working with the local community for additional practice space. Here are some additional locations to consider: TC3 Field House, Ithaca College, SUNY Cortland, Cass Park, Stewart Park, YMCA (Ithaca + Cortland), Lansing Recreation Center, and more.
Health & safety protocols
Review current COVID-19 health and safety guides by the University, as well as any guidelines put in place by venues if participating off-campus/
Certificate of Insurance
- Request a certificate of insurance for an off-campus venue, contact email@example.com.
- Contact Club Sports with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org and follow us on Instagram at @cornellclubsports
Cornell Recreational Services
- Cornell Recreational Services offers a wide variety of fitness, wellness, sports, and open recreation activities for Cornell students, staff, faculty, retirees, and their spouses/partners. Through our broad-based programs, we try to promote a healthy and holistic lifestyle throughout the campus community.
Safety Training: Physical Activity Clubs
Each sports club must send two student officers to attend the Safety Training. This requirement along with completing club waivers must be done before a club can utilize its SAFC funding. The training is being facilitated by the Club Sports Council.
- 9/14/21 - Phillips Hall 203 from 4-5pm, register here
- 9/15/21 - Virtual from 4-5pm, register here
- 9/21/21 - Phillips Hall 203 from 4-5pm, register here
- 9/22/21 - Virtual from 4-5pm, register here
Spring dates - a virtual training will be offered after Spring Break. Dates/times TBD.