Club Sports and/or Physical Activity
Updated on 10/6/21
Sports Club activity will resume for the 2021-2022 academic year with safety protocols (see below). Masks must be worn at all times indoors, on and off-campus (unless competing).
Changes to the guidelines are subject to change as university health and safety policies change.
- Looking to reserve space for your club?
- Helen Newman, Teagle, or Noyes - Request space
- Ramin Room - Request space
- Reis Tennis Center - Reserve court times
- Swimming Pools - individual/open swim time available
- Bowling Center - Reserve lanes
- Jessup Fields - Request field time
- Outdoor fields and venues may be accessible and will be available when the weather permits.
- Questions - email Scott Flickinger at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lynah Rink - Public skating and ice rental information
- Sand Volleyball Courts (outside Dickson and Balch Hall) - email Brigitta A. Putnam at email@example.com.
- Barton, Bartels, and Friedman Wrestling Center - email Matt Coats at firstname.lastname@example.org and Megan Ramey at email@example.com.
- Alumni Fields are not available.
- Rawlings Green is not available.
Please review the established protocols carefully to minimize the risk of COVID-19 exposure while practicing and competing this Fall/Winter. For reference, the term “fully vaccinated” means the completion of the vaccine series as well as the 14-day post-final vaccination period. Changes to the protocols are subject to change as university health and safety policies and/or NY State change.
- Masks must be worn at all times while indoors per the university mask policy, except during competition (on-campus and off).
- It is recommended that KN95 masks be used for sports clubs.
- Regardless of vaccination status, all persons are expected to properly wear a face mask while traveling in the vehicle, except when eating or drinking.
- Activities and competitions can take place off-campus and must follow all health and safety guidelines of the venue.
- Regardless of vaccination status, it is recommended that all persons are expected to properly wear a face mask while traveling in the vehicle, except when eating or drinking.
- Consumption of food and beverage to be minimized as much as possible while on the bus. Sips of beverages and light snack consumption allowed—no meals on the bus.
- When possible, travel with the windows open to increase airflow and do not operate the vehicle’s heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system on recirculating air mode. The recirculating air button should be off.
- Air travel is allowed only within the continental United States.
- Clubs must adhere to all state and hotel requirements.
- Policies pertaining to visitors and guests (non-Cornellians) can be found on the Cornell main Covid-19 Response website for visitors.
- For competitions, the Campus Activities office cannot coordinate or confirm the vaccination status of Cornellians. The individual club presidents, officers, and/or advisors will need to coordinate with the competition venue or host to meet specific guidelines.
- Shared equipment and/or costumes are advised against.
Certificate of Insurance
- Request a certificate of insurance for an off-campus venue, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Club Sports with questions, please email email@example.com and follow us on Instagram at @cornellclubsports
Cornell Recreational Services
- Cornell Recreational Services offers a wide variety of fitness, wellness, sports, and open recreation activities for Cornell students, staff, faculty, retirees, and their spouses/partners. Through our broad-based programs, we try to promote a healthy and holistic lifestyle throughout the campus community.
Safety Training: Physical Activity Clubs
Each sports club must send two student officers to attend the Safety Training. This requirement along with completing club waivers must be done before a club can utilize its SAFC funding. The training is being facilitated by the Club Sports Council.
- 9/14/21 - Phillips Hall 203 from 4-5pm, register here
- 9/15/21 - Virtual from 4-5pm, register here
- 9/21/21 - Phillips Hall 203 from 4-5pm, register here
- 9/22/21 - Virtual from 4-5pm, register here